cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2012 problem

Fasih_Rehman
Level 3

Dear All,

In my environment Symantec Backup Exec 2012 is running on windows server 2008 at friday evening  i was scheduled daily differentials jobs when i came to office and see the backup jobs are not running and is shows that    "Ready; The selected server is not a valid managed Backup Exec server.  for this problem resolution i have done the below mention things.

1. restart the server

2. restart the service of Back up Exec 2012

but still same result waht should i do to resolve this problem any suggestions.

thanks

Fasih

5 REPLIES 5

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Is this a CASO-MMS setup ?

And, when was the last full backup run ? if possible, try running the full backup now and check if the scheduled differential runs as well or not.

If this is affecting all differentials, were there any recent changes made ? Lastly, you could try recreating any one backup job and then run the full followed by the differential to check if this problem reoccurs or not.

Fasih_Rehman
Level 3

Dear vivek,

is "CASO MMS" right now i have created the new job of incremental is successfuly created and running fine.  full back was run before two days the differential job was scheduled. 

Fasih_Rehman
Level 3

vivek,

its effects the all differential jobs 

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Try re-creating any one job with full and differential and see if this issue persists or not.

Any alerts in the event viewer or BE regarding jobs being missed or storage unavailable etc ?

If using CASO-MMS, do check the CASO can communicate with the MMS and vice-versa

Fasih_Rehman
Level 3

thanks vivek for helpful solutions