cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trial expired of Backup Exec 2012

Goodben
Level 3

Dear all,

BE 2012 running on Windows 2008 r2 and recently backup jobs were failed with trial expired error.

I have only one .slf file which when I tried to import it, it says "The serial number has already been registered".

There are no serial number details on the Add licenses screen (I suppose that was due to trial version was in use before)

From the license information page, it indicated some options were installed with no license.

Is that means I have to purchase a license and import to BE?

What should I do to get the license and backup jobs work properly. Please Help!!!

120px_Untitled.jpg

4 REPLIES 4

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

You may contact the licensing team for the license details - http://www.symantec.com/support/assistance_care.jsp

You could check with them if you have licenses for this version of BE or if you are using a trial version of BE, then yes, you would need to purchase appropriate licenses. Again, the licensing team should be able to assist and the above link has the contact information..

Goodben
Level 3
Thanks Vivek, I will prceed to get information with licensing team. Between, my colleague installed the BE without importing the license in the first place (i.e. using Trial), is that means there may have an unused license / serial number from the installation media pack upon purchase?

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

That could be a possibility.. usually, there is an email from sales/licensing with a pdf attachment containing serial numbers. If you are unable to locate this, do mention this to the licensing reps and they could search their records.

Goodben
Level 3
Vivek, thanks again, will update the status asap.