cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2014 - SNMP service problem

today
Level 4

I'm seeing the following warning show up on my media server at boot time.

The SNMP Service is ignoring extension agent dll C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\tapealrt.dll because it is missing or misconfigured.

There is no such DLL installed on my media server, in that directory, or in c:\windows either.  Did Symantec forget to install this?  I ended up having to run the install repair a couple times the last time I reinstalled BE 2014, so I don't think the fault was on my end.

I had the SNMP service installed on this server before I installed BE 2014.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

today
Level 4

I went spelunking on the BE install media.  I found this file in the RemoteAC.cab file.  I extracted it and copied it into the BE folder.  I restarted the SNMP service.  It seems to be happy now, but I wonder if this is really working.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

today
Level 4

I went spelunking on the BE install media.  I found this file in the RemoteAC.cab file.  I extracted it and copied it into the BE folder.  I restarted the SNMP service.  It seems to be happy now, but I wonder if this is really working.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Probably, only way to check if it is working now is to configure a SNMP trap and simulate a backup condition which throws a tape alert (or any other alert for that matter) and see if Backup Exec is reporting this or not.