cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2014 updating license

F_Kline
Level 2

Since our license is expiring, we've purchased a new license and I've generated a license key file from MyVernitas portal.  When I go to the Licensing information in Backup Exec it wants to re-install the software.

How do I import the new license key without having to re-install Backup Exec 2014 on an production server?

Thank You,

Franklin

4 REPLIES 4

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Check the video below, as this should help you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPjk2QEEA3c

Thanks!

I understand that, but It's already installed and running on a production server.  Is there another way to update the license key file without having to install the whole program again through the wizard?  If not, after the installation will it keep all of my current backup jobs?

Sorry for my confusion, First time working with Backup Exec.  I guess my question should be...  

When I install the new license key file will it break my backup jobs and history that are already configured?

Respectfully,

FK

pkh
   VIP    Certified

No.  Your jobs will not be affected.

You are being prompted for the BE installation media because in some cases, when you install a new licence, you are installing a new option as well.  In such cases, the BE installation media is needed to install the new option.  Hence, when you install any new licence, you would be prompted for the BE installation media.  This is part of the licence and option installation process.