Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2014 with SP2 upgrade Steps Bckup Exec 15

asimsami
Level 2
Partner

Hi,

I have operating system Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard with Backup Exec 2014 SP2, when I run live update I found below 2 updates

Backup Exec 2014 Revision 1786 Hotfix 227745  (147547.6 KB)
Symantec Backup Exec 15 is now available!         (2578.4 KB)

I also got it upgrade License from symantec Backup Exec 15 so in this situation and I download the file (Backup_Exec_15_14.2.1180_MultiPlatforms_Multilingual.zip)  (1,673,165 KB)

Now in this situation I would like to upgrade my Backup Exec 2014 SP2 to Backup Exec 15. So I am requesting any guidance or guided steps to perfrom upgrade Backup Exec15 task.

With many thanks and Waiting for kind reply

Asim Sami
Jeddah, KSA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified
1. Make a copy of the Data and Catalog directories under the BE installation directory. This is in case you need to revert 2. Unzip the downloaded file and burn it to a DVD. 3. Ruin the DVD to upgrade BE

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

pkh
   VIP    Certified
1. Make a copy of the Data and Catalog directories under the BE installation directory. This is in case you need to revert 2. Unzip the downloaded file and burn it to a DVD. 3. Ruin the DVD to upgrade BE

Escape_be
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi Assim,

pkh explanation is correct for part 1, and the upgrade process is plain simple.

You can skip part 2 since you can directly mount an iso file to a drive letter in server 2012 R2, right click the iso file and select mount. Run setup from the mounted drive letter.

Good luck!