cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 9.0 99% ejects tape but it's still running

Jo_Ann_Sauter
Level 2
The daily backup runs and verifies, and ejects but job monitor says it's still running 99%, and will not schedule a new job. Job runs 2-3x longer than usual. After I open properties I will get a message to "Please remove the media from the drive." and respond OK. Never did that before. What could I change to correct that? Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
This is the way that BackupExec has acted since v7.0 Don't know why it has oinly changed recenly for you

Remove Eject-On-End and eject manually when you swap tapes or see http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/192055.htm for some tweaks that will AutoRespond to alerts

Jo_Ann_Sauter
Level 2
Thanks, I just happend to find that Document ID 254685 and had just performed that operation. We will see tonight if that takes care of it. You're right, don't know why this just started when we have been running it this way since March 2004! Thanks for the response, I will let you know how it turned out.

Madhuri_Shenoy
Level 6
Hello Jo Ann,

Awaiting an update from you on this! Please revert in case the issue hasnt resolved yet.

Thanks!

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Jo_Ann_Sauter
Level 2
The procedure listed in this post worked perfectly! Everything is normal again. Thanks for your assistance.