Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 9.1 - logon failure

adam_d
Level 2
 Hi guys,
When I go to choose a backup it says
"Your default logon account could not be authenticated the username or password may be incorrect click ok to edit your default account"

I click ok, and have to change for the full contectual name to just the username, and it lets me logon.

Then I go to choosed the server, and it asks me to authenticate. I then have to edit the account and put it back to the full contexual name, and it lets me authenticate.

The backup logs are failing in part, because it uis unable to find the remote agent on the windows server, and the novell server.

Any help would be highly appriciated

Adam
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

C_Andy
Level 4
 Hi Adam, Here's what I do to fix this. Go to your Backup Exec Services, open each one that uses a Domain Logon and click on the Log on tab.  This Account will already be selected.  Wipe out what's there and Browse for the accout you want to use.  Make sure you Browse as this has been an issue.  Select the account and put in the appropriate Password.

After you do that to every service that needs it, stop and restart your services.  Go into Backup Exec. In Version 9, I select Network and Logon Accounts.  I create a new account, using the same user I used for the services and using the exact same syntax in the username field.  Once I get it all created, I set it as default and delete the one that was originally there.  If it asks me to replace the account associated with the existing jobs, go ahead and do it.  I had a few servers doing this and it fixed my problems on all of them.

Hope this helps to solve your issue

Andy

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

adam_d
Level 2
 I have been able to get teh backups to see the remote agents. but I am still get fails

Adam

C_Andy
Level 4
 Hi Adam, Here's what I do to fix this. Go to your Backup Exec Services, open each one that uses a Domain Logon and click on the Log on tab.  This Account will already be selected.  Wipe out what's there and Browse for the accout you want to use.  Make sure you Browse as this has been an issue.  Select the account and put in the appropriate Password.

After you do that to every service that needs it, stop and restart your services.  Go into Backup Exec. In Version 9, I select Network and Logon Accounts.  I create a new account, using the same user I used for the services and using the exact same syntax in the username field.  Once I get it all created, I set it as default and delete the one that was originally there.  If it asks me to replace the account associated with the existing jobs, go ahead and do it.  I had a few servers doing this and it fixed my problems on all of them.

Hope this helps to solve your issue

Andy