cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 9.1 sp4 Error when updating tape drivers from patch

Chris_Scott_2
Level 3
Hi,
I am having trouble with Veritas recognizing my new autoloader EXABYTE VXA 1x10 1U A109. It sees the tape drive but not the loader and it lists the drive as a standalone instead of a library.

I updated my software to the latest service pack sp4 (Which by the way changed my system drive from c to f which I already fixed) and I used veritas drives for my devices but my loader is not listed in the VSD Table in the registry. When I try to update my drivers using BackupExecTapeDeviceDriverInstall_273853.exe I get an error stating Wizard failed application was interrupted. I updated my MDAC to the latest greatest but still am unable to use the update without it failing.

I have a Windows 2000 server with all service packs. Any help will be appreciated. I believe if I'm able to update the divers and the VSD I'll be ok. HELP

Event Type:Warning
Event Source:Backup Exec
Event Category:None
Event ID:58052
Date:2/10/2006
Time:6:09:16 PM
User:N/A
Computer:SERVER1
Description:
ADAMM configuration warning.
The device driver may not be installed for device :
Identifier : EXABYTE VXA 1x10 1U A109.
Type : MediumChangerPeripheral.Message was edited by:
Chris Scott
4 REPLIES 4

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

Is your device recognized by Windows then only can it be recognized by Backup Exec

Also please check if your device is tested from the hardware compatibility list given below

(title) Backup Exec 9.x for Windows Servers Robotic Library Hardware Compatibility List (HCL) (includes tested drives

http://support.veritas.com/docs/271383

(title) Backup Exec 9.x for Windows Servers Standalone Drives Hardware Compatibility List (HCL

http://support.veritas.com/docs/271382

Note:- if we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be assumed answered and archived.

Chris_Scott_2
Level 3
Yes my device has been recognized by windows. The problem is i can't update my device drivers from veritas because i keep getting a wizard error at the end of the install process saying communication was interrupted and installation can't continue please try later and this happens everytime. I have tried repeatly. I have read all the support documents. The only thing i have not tried is the one where you delete the scis changer key in the registry and power off the devices. then bring them back in the correct order and use add/remove programs and repair the veritas application. I was waiting for a response before I tried this. The VSD Table doesn't show my device and the wizard will not let me update.

Still waiting...
Thanks for the reply

Rucha_Abhyankar
Level 6
Hi Chris,

Could you paste the error message that you are getting while installing the drivers.

Refer to this link and try downloading the drivers from here:

VERITAS Backup Exec (tm) 9.1 - Device Driver Installer (20050115) - Includes Tape Driver Release (20041231) and Robotic Library Release (45) (Intel Only)

http://support.veritas.com/docs/273853

==================

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Chris_Scott_2
Level 3
Thanks for trying but I gave up and upgraded to Backup Exec.10D and everthing is working fine.

Thanks for the replys.
Chris