cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec Agent 2014 - Unable to initialize certificate path

David_Elizabeth
Level 3

Hi everyone.

I am having problems with Symantec Backup Exec Agent 2014. 

I have installed Symantec Backup Exec 2014 on a Windows Server 2012. Now to perform a test I have installed Backup Exec Agent on a client computer (Windows 7 Enterprise) in order to backup some files. Please note that the client and the server are in the same domain. All services are running. Unfortunately, I cannot backup any files as it always as the Remote Agent cannot establish a trusted connection to the server. 

I have try several to establish trust between the client and the server through the Server window on the Backup Server Exec. It shown me that it had establish the trust. However, I cannot perform any backup as it always shown me the error message Remote Agent not trusted. 

On the Backup Agent Utility on the client, on the security tab it gives this warning message: "Unable to initialise certificate store path". Can someone help me please. Is the problem with the domain or the services. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

The first is for the core product itself, i.e. Backup Exec and the second is for the remote agent for windows. The remote agent for windows is required when one needs to backup a remote windows system.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

try removing the RAWS agent from the Windows 7 PC, and then reinstall it. Make sure that port 10000 is open on any firewall, and that any AV installed isn't perhaps blocking the beremote.exe service from running properly.

Thanks!

David_Elizabeth
Level 3

Thanks for the speedy response CraigV. I have remove the RAWS agent and reinstalling on the Windows 7. Unless it still the same. Moreover, I am using Microsoft Security Essential as antivirus on the windows 7. I don't think this will be an issue. Indeed, I have check  the firewall. Still the same problem.sad

VJware
Level 6

Provide full permissions to the BE key in the remote machine's registry under HKLM\Software\Symantec

If this doesn't work, would recommend to log a formal support case so that we can review the setup and logs.

Ivo_Tasha
Not applicable

what is the diffrence between SYMANTEC Backup Exec Server v2014 RNW, GOV  BNDL with 1 Yr Ess and

SYMANTEC BE Agent for Windows v2014 RNW, GOV  BNDL with 1 Yr Ess

VJware
Level 6

The first is for the core product itself, i.e. Backup Exec and the second is for the remote agent for windows. The remote agent for windows is required when one needs to backup a remote windows system.