cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec CPS Incompatibility with CA etrust antivirus

Danielson
Level 3

I finally finished upgrading my infrastructure to Backup Exec 12.5  Then I went to install the CPS server on a Windows 2003 server runnign CA Antivirus 8.1.637 and all h#$%@ broke loose.  I received so many bizarre errors about winmgnt repository inaccessible, .dll issues, dr. watson, random services not starting, it was crazy!  And when I tried to uninstall CPS server, I received a Visual C++ runtime termination error.

Anyways, I worked through the issue and, in an act of desperation, disabled my realtime AV protection and was able to uninstall the program.  Fortunately the uninstallation rolled back everything as it should be, but it was several hours of sweating it out.

My question is this - 1) What can I do to use CA Antivirus with CPS 12.5?  Is it compatible?  I can't just disable the realtime scan on my servers...  2) anyone else encountering this fun filled issue with non-symantec Antivirus?

Thanks for any suggestions (other than upgrade to symantec AV).  Cound support confirm this is an issue?

1 REPLY 1

Danielson
Level 3
I talked to Symantec tech support and here is the solution to this issue for any admins pulling out their hair:

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/303631.htm