cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec Errors/Warning from Support Tool (Plus screenshots from logs, very detailed)

WorldBuilder
Level 4

Hi all,

OK, I am very new to BE 2010.  Largely, the server is up and running, but I have not even tried to backup anything yet.  I've run a few tests that have not come back well.  So I started poking around logs and using the BE Support Tool in an effort to square everything away before I start going nuts.  If y'all would indulge me, I've screenshot every relevant piece I could find.  In a nutshell, if someone could help me work through all this, I would be truly appreciative as I am the lone IT guy here at a non-profit charter school.

Running the BE Support Tool yields 2 Warnings and 2 Errors.  Here they are:

Warning #1

So first things first, if someone could help me make sense of all this, that'd be great.  Since I'm no Windows Firewall expert either, I simply turned it off in an effort to fix the "port 445" issue.  Here's proof that the Firewall is off:

So how could there be a port issue with the firewall off completely??!!

Warning #2

Truly, I do not see ANY of these services in the "Services" list of Server Manager.  But BE 2010 seems to run fine.  I can run inventories, check media, etc...  And what's the deal with the firewall here?  As stated earlier, the firewall is off...  How do I fix all this?

Error #1

Any advice on this one?  Not sure where to look to solve...

Error #2

The "lfdcsadmin" user is the Domain Admin in my Active Directory.  How could it possibly not have rights to anything?  I don't really understand what this error means or how to fix...

OK, here are 2 more screenshots from the Windows Logs.  Surely relevant, but I don't know how to fix.  Both occurred following a reboot and do each and every time.

SQL errors?  When I installed BE 2010 on this box, I used the default SQL setting, I don't recall what it was.  But in a nutshell, the installation of BE added whatever SQL instance it required...  Help here, please?

In addition, in the "System" log, I get all the following errors (copied and pasted since screenshots are not really feasible here):

Error 12/3/2010 11:09:39 AM Service Control Manager 7000 None "The Stek9714 service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the device specified."

Error 12/3/2010 11:09:35 AM Service Control Manager 7000 None "The vsmraid service failed to start due to the following error:
The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it."

Error 12/3/2010 11:09:35 AM Service Control Manager 7000 None "The vhdmp service failed to start due to the following error:
The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it."

Error 12/3/2010 11:09:35 AM Service Control Manager 7000 None "The stexstor service failed to start due to the following error:

Error 12/3/2010 11:09:35 AM Service Control Manager 7000 None "The SiSRaid4 service failed to start due to the following error:

Error 12/3/2010 11:09:35 AM Service Control Manager 7000 None "The SiSRaid2 service failed to start due to the following error:

Error 12/3/2010 11:09:35 AM Service Control Manager 7000 None "The ql40xx service failed to start due to the following error:

Error 12/3/2010 11:09:35 AM Service Control Manager 7000 None "The ql2300 service failed to start due to the following error:

Error 12/3/2010 11:09:35 AM Service Control Manager 7000 None "The nvstor service failed to start due to the following error:

Error 12/3/2010 11:09:35 AM Service Control Manager 7000 None "The nfrd960 service failed to start due to the following error:

Error 12/3/2010 11:09:35 AM Service Control Manager 7000 None "The msahci service failed to start due to the following error:

Error 12/3/2010 11:09:35 AM Service Control Manager 7000 None "The MegaSR service failed to start due to the following error:

Error 12/3/2010 11:09:35 AM Service Control Manager 7000 None "The megasas service failed to start due to the following error:

Error 12/3/2010 11:09:35 AM Service Control Manager 7000 None "The LSI_SAS2 service failed to start due to the following error:

Error 12/3/2010 11:09:35 AM Service Control Manager 7000 None "The LSI_SAS service failed to start due to the following error:

Error 12/3/2010 11:09:35 AM Service Control Manager 7000 None "The LSI_FC service failed to start due to the following error:

Error 12/3/2010 11:09:35 AM Service Control Manager 7000 None "The iirsp service failed to start due to the following error:

Error 12/3/2010 11:09:35 AM Service Control Manager 7000 None "The iaStorV service failed to start due to the following error:

Error 12/3/2010 11:09:35 AM Service Control Manager 7000 None "The elxstor service failed to start due to the following error:

Error 12/3/2010 11:09:35 AM Service Control Manager 7000 None "The arcsas service failed to start due to the following error:

Error 12/3/2010 11:09:35 AM Service Control Manager 7000 None "The arc service failed to start due to the following error:

Error 12/3/2010 11:09:35 AM Service Control Manager 7000 None "The amdsbs service failed to start due to the following error:

Error 12/3/2010 11:09:35 AM Service Control Manager 7000 None "The amdsata service failed to start due to the following error:

Error 12/3/2010 11:09:34 AM Service Control Manager 7000 None "The adpu320 service failed to start due to the following error:

Error 12/3/2010 11:09:34 AM Service Control Manager 7000 None "The adpahci service failed to start due to the following error:

Error 12/3/2010 11:09:34 AM Service Control Manager 7000 None "The adp94xx service failed to start due to the following error:

NOTE:  All these errors happen upon a boot-up, and they do not reappear until the next boot-up.

Sorry for such a long post, but I figured that the more details I gave you, the better you'd be able to help me out.  Thanks in advance for any assistance y'all can provide.  I want to get this operational asap and can't thank you enough.

Chris

10 REPLIES 10

Siddh
Level 4

Error 2 : Act as a part of operating  system :

Start -> Run > gpedit.msc > computer configuration > windows settings > ecurity settings > Local policies > User rights assignment.

you will find Act as a part of the operating  system add the backup exec account in this.

will update you on rest of the issues as well if i get any thing.

WorldBuilder
Level 4

One down, three to go!

THANKS!

Siddh
Level 4

event log 3 you can ignore check the Symantec article for the same

even i have the same warning event on my server

Article: TECH48237

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH48237

Event 33152 : have you installed the windows patches for SQL on server it seem the same like this.

Always make sure windows update not configured to run auto mode, if SQL update is installed then all SQL services will restarted on server and backup exec is depended on SQL instance.

If error is not repeting then you can ignore this event.

Siddh
Level 4

Check the below services on server

1. Backup Exec Device & Media Service
2. Plug and Play

start the services if not also keep it on automatic for startup type

Check that you are able to see the tape drive / library in backup exec check the firm ware of drive in device manager

Check the fire wall service even if you have desible the firewall and service is in started mode firewall is on.

Stop the fire wall sevice and keep it on startup type manual

WorldBuilder
Level 4

WorldBuilder
Level 4

OK, I won't worry about this one, then.  Good to know.  Thanks!

Siddh
Level 4

OK Now the system event

I am sorry but i was laughing when i went through the article conversation btwn you and craigV http://98.129.119.162/connect/fr/forums/new-installation-help

what craig has suggested is right about the drive installation. kindly check that you have installed the symantec device drivers from tapeinst.exe wizard onnce your tape drive is recongnize in device manager

WorldBuilder
Level 4

OK, the services:

1. Backup Exec Device & Media Service
2. Plug and Play

were both set to Automatic and were Started.

The "Windows Firewall Service" was also set to Automatic and was Started.  So I stopped and disabled it.

I then re-ran BE Support Tools and all that remains is:

1. Warning #1
  2. Error #1

Those two are still not resolved.  Odd that the Port 445 issue is still there...

OH, and drivers...

I'm pretty sure the drivers are all up to date.  This system is attached to a StorageTek L20 tape library.  Inside that are two IBM LTO2 tape drives.

The L20 is running the latest driver (direct download from Oracle/Sun) - Driver Version 2.1.0.1 dated 6/4/2008.

The IBM tape drives are using Symantec drivers as was recommended to me - Driver Version 5.1.37.0 dated 2/12/2008.

WorldBuilder
Level 4

Hi again,

See directly above.  Library and drive drivers are good to go.

But thanks for reminding me of that post.  I never checked back and now see Larry's question.  Answered!  ;)

Chris

PS.  Don't apologize for laughing...  It was funny!

WorldBuilder
Level 4

Hi again,

Just to remind you, I'm still getting Error #1 and Warning #1 when running the BE Support Tool.  Any other ideas?

THANKS!  You've been exceptionally helpful.

Chris