Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec Hyper-V Machines not visible

BackupExec_Pete
Level 2

Hello,

I want to backup my Hyper-V virtual Machines, but they are not visible:

Backup: Backup Exec 2010r3

Online I only found solutions for Server 2008 x64 - no for Server 2008r2 - I dont want to try to install fixes for worng OS....

thank you for your answers

Peter

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Nope, it's a licensable agent like the Exchange or AVVI agents.

You need to contact either Symantec's licensing department or your reseller to buy the license. In the meantime, you can invoke the 60-day trial license by going to Tools --> Install agents and license keys on this media server...

From there select the Hyper-V option. It only gives you 60 days so get the license.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

CraigV

...do you have the Hyper-V agent installed? If not you won't be able to back up the full VMs...

BackupExec_Pete
Level 2

Hyper V Agent is not part of standard Installation?

How can I install it? Download - or is it part of Installation-DVD?

Thank you

Peter

CraigV

Nope, it's a licensable agent like the Exchange or AVVI agents.

You need to contact either Symantec's licensing department or your reseller to buy the license. In the meantime, you can invoke the 60-day trial license by going to Tools --> Install agents and license keys on this media server...

From there select the Hyper-V option. It only gives you 60 days so get the license.

markcrusey
Not applicable

Whether you need to contact the department or Symantec's authorized dealer to purchase a license. In the meantime, you can call the 60-day trial license, from the "Tools -> Install the agent on this media server and license key .