Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec Job Engine und Agent Browser starten nicht korrekt

Marcel_G_
Level 3

Guten Tag,

Umgebung: Windows 2008 Ent. x64 mit Backup Exec 2010 R3

ich habe das Problem, das die Dienste "Backup Exec Job Engine" und "Backup Exec Agent Browser" beim Systemstart nicht automatisch starten. Startet man sie nach hochfahren des Servers manuell, laufen Sie ganz normal und Backup Exec funtkioniert einwandfrei.

In der System-Ereignisanzeige bekomme ich die Meldung "7022 Der Dienst "Backup Exec Server" wurde nicht richtig gestartet". Darauf folgeden zweimal Fehler mit der ID 7001 "Der Dienst "Backup Exec Agent Browser" ist vom Dienst "Backup Exec Server" abhängig, der aufgrund folgenden Fehlers nicht gestartet wurde: Der Dienst konnte nicht gestartet werden" und "Der Dienst "Backup Exec Job Engine" ist vom Dienst "Backup Exec Server" abhängig, der aufgrund folgenden Fehlers nicht gestartet wurde:Der Dienst konnte nicht gestartet werden."

Dabei startet der Backup-Exec Serverdienst zwar, aber anscheinend nicht richtig. Außerdem hat das System sehr lange Anmeldezeiten nach einem Reboot, was wohl auf die Startversuche des Dienstes zurückzuführen ist.

Kann mir jemand helfen?

Grüße

Marcel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

These would be the steps you'd follow:

1. Stop your BE services (all of them, including the SQL service).

2. Copy the Data/Catalogs folders to another location and verify that all has been copied.

3. Open up BEutility --> All Media Servers --> right-click your server and choose the option: Recover Database...

4. Choose the option: Drop existing database and reload from base

This loads a new BEDB with nothing in it. You need to recreate a job and selection list to retest the job to see if it fails or not. If it doesn't fail, I'd recommend that you recreate your jobs again, and set a backup of the BEDB.bak file to run with your normal jobs. This way you protect yourself from doing this the long-way around again.

If it doesn't work, you'd simply do the following:

1. Stop all the BE services.

2. Rename the current Data/Catalogs folders to something like Data.old & Catalogs.old.

3. Copy the Data/Catalogs folders back to the default location from the folder you backed them up too.

4. Start up the BE services...

If you don't come right, post back here & I will hit the support flag.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Run live update multiple times and install all the latest updates for Backup Exec.

Except Remote agent service configure all other BE services with BESA(BE service account)

CraigV

Hi,

MIght be worth your while doing both of the suggestions below:

1. run a repair of BE through Add/Remove Programs.

2. once done, open up BEutility and run a BEDB repair.

check the services thereafter.

Thanks!

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Sounds like there is some conflicts between the BE services and other services on your media server.

I don't know about Server 2008, but there are utilities that can set the start sequence of services during startups.  You might want to look for such a utility and make sure that the BE services starts last.

Marcel_G_
Level 3

Thank you for your answers.

I have tried the following:

- BE repair installation

- Live Update (nothing new available)

- BE database repair

- set all services to the be-service-account (exclude BE-Remote-Agent)

I have no success at this time. I'am searching for a tool were i can alter the service start sequence but i found nothing....

CraigV

OK...is your SQL service started up? Do you have an AV on the server, and if so, can you confirm whether or not the AV is maybe blocking the services from starting up? If so, put in an exclusion to stop scanning the BE services.

Marcel_G_
Level 3

SQL-Service could be a good tip. When i look in my application event-log, i see two entries from source "sqlbrowser" on every startup: id 1 "The SQL configuration for SQL is inaccessible or invalid" and id2 "The configuration of the SQL instance MSSQLServer is not valid". I also see in the services console that the Backup Exec Server Service have a dependency from SQL Server Service.

After that messages, the SQL service seems to start normally. We have Symantec Endpoint Protection v11 on the Server. I dont think that it block be services but i look after it.

CraigV

OK, for that error, check the TN below:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH130440

Followed by...

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH64670

Marcel_G_
Level 3

Checked and do, but the same effect....

CraigV

OK...then grab a copy of your bedb and copy it to a safe place. You can then try dropping the BEDB and reloading from base which implements a clean BEDB. get the copy though as you won't have your data once it reloads from base.

Marcel_G_
Level 3

Can you please give me are more detailed description over the needed steps?

I don't know how i do that.

Thanks

CraigV

These would be the steps you'd follow:

1. Stop your BE services (all of them, including the SQL service).

2. Copy the Data/Catalogs folders to another location and verify that all has been copied.

3. Open up BEutility --> All Media Servers --> right-click your server and choose the option: Recover Database...

4. Choose the option: Drop existing database and reload from base

This loads a new BEDB with nothing in it. You need to recreate a job and selection list to retest the job to see if it fails or not. If it doesn't fail, I'd recommend that you recreate your jobs again, and set a backup of the BEDB.bak file to run with your normal jobs. This way you protect yourself from doing this the long-way around again.

If it doesn't work, you'd simply do the following:

1. Stop all the BE services.

2. Rename the current Data/Catalogs folders to something like Data.old & Catalogs.old.

3. Copy the Data/Catalogs folders back to the default location from the folder you backed them up too.

4. Start up the BE services...

If you don't come right, post back here & I will hit the support flag.