cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec Job Queued

SoulGod
Level 4
Partner

I have some troubles with one of my customers where the NAS complains that it's empty (but it's not).

The problem goes to that Backup Exec pop's a "Query" regarding on either to cancel the job or continue altough its full ...

My concern is that if I do not log on to the specific servers (about 15-20 of them), I will not see the message....
Is there any way I can make Backup Exec mail me when this happends?
Otherwise the job can stand in "Quede" for several days....

I get reports when it's finished and everything ... can anyone help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...you can configure alerts...go to the Alerts tab and see what is available. I am sure there is an alert for a job queued...you need to configure SMTP notification first.

You don't mention your version of BE, but check the Admin Guide under the Alerts section and look for configuring SMTP for notification. It's very simple to do...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...you can configure alerts...go to the Alerts tab and see what is available. I am sure there is an alert for a job queued...you need to configure SMTP notification first.

You don't mention your version of BE, but check the Admin Guide under the Alerts section and look for configuring SMTP for notification. It's very simple to do...

SoulGod
Level 4
Partner

It is different version per customer (10x, 12d, 2010...)

I will check the Alerts, will get back to you with a result

-------

It looks to be correct, I will give a correct reply as soon as I get a notice :)

SoulGod
Level 4
Partner

I have not been able to recieve any errors on my email, but I have not found any errors on servers either.
So I assume the problem is fixed, and will get back if not!

-

Correction , I just recieved a message about the issue! It works!