cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec NT/2000 8.5 E Server Edition

lbonk
Level 3
Hi all,

Anyone still have Backup Exec NT/2000 8.5 E Server Edition, or know where I can get it? I have a BE for Netware issue, and I need to run catdump against one of my catalogs. An eval copy would be fine as this will probably be a one time thing.

Thank you

Len Bonk
Network Analyst
Community Unit School District 200
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified
Will this help?
http://entsupport.symantec.com/docs/240872

Looks like it contains catdump.exe

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

MitchR
Level 6
Not sure if it will do what you're looking for, but all BackupExec tapes are readable with NTBackup.

I'd also wager that a trial copy of the latest BE would read the tapes just fine.

Notable exceptions: encryption & software compression.  If either are turned on, you must use Backup Exec.

lbonk
Level 3
Would that give me the bility to do a catdump? This is what I'm really after - exporting a file of the catalog.

Thanks!

Colin_Weaver
Will this help?
http://entsupport.symantec.com/docs/240872

Looks like it contains catdump.exe

lbonk
Level 3
Yes,  that's the document I 'm referencing. I see it's from 2002. So may I assume that catdump has been brought forward in subsequent version?

Thank you.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Yes,  that's the document I 'm referencing. I see it's from 2002. So may I assume that catdump has been brought forward in subsequent version?

As I recall,  v10 did not have a catdump (or you practically had to give away your first born to get it) but v11 and 12 have one

But the structure of the catalog changed from v8 -> v9 (or was it v9 -> v10 ? ), so your old version won't work with current versions

lbonk
Level 3
OK thanks Ken. So I'm back to needing v. 8.5. Anyone know if Symantec would be willing to put it up on ftp for me? Being as we're on BENW which is EOL, I can't call them on support questions.

Len

Colin_Weaver
 So are you saying that is the item you need but you can't download it, or do you need a different version of Catdump?

lbonk
Level 3
It sounds like I need to get the catdump that was included with BE for NT 8.5 or 8.6, yes, and I do not have that.

Thank you.

Colin_Weaver
 so the download on the Symantec document does not work for you?

BTW I don't know about for 8.x but for the later versions of Backup Exec, CATDUMP was not actually included on the install CDs it was always a separate download.

lbonk
Level 3
**Slaps forehead with palm**

I don't know how many times I looked at the tech note and didn't see the download link. I'll try it in the morning.

Thanks all.