cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec Remote Agents

CoryK
Level 3
I recently purchased 2 licenses for the remote agents. However the email that I received from Symantec only contained one license key. I have entered that license key, but backup exec still thinks I only have one license for it. This is getting very frustrating as I am needing to backup our servers.
3 REPLIES 3

CoryK
Level 3

To clarify a little, I installed the serial for the agents. The certificate I received form Symantec indicated that it was for quantity 2, but only contained one serial number. I attempted to backup one of our servers, and received the error: e0009418 - Access to a device was not authorized with this edition of Backup Exec.

I went to Help About Symantec Backup Exec for Windows Servers and then to License Information, and it indicates that Remote Agent for Windows Systems is licensed and installed. Do I need to uninstall all of BAckup Exec, from our 3 servers, including the Remote Agents, then reinstall? Although a complete reinstall would be possible, it is not desired, due to the downtime on mission critical systems.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Is the RemoteAgent service started and running on the problem server?

Can you ping both ways by NetBIOS name and IP address?

CoryK
Level 3

Is the RemoteAgent service started and running on the problem server?

Yes, it shows as running from the Selection screen, when I right click the server and go to properties.

Can you ping both ways by NetBIOS name and IP address?

Yes.

I did reinstall the Remote Agents again today, and it said they needed to be restarted, but I have to schedule a reboot for about 3 AM when the servers aren't being used (except by the few obsessive users)