cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec SBS 2010 unbelievable slow

StefanRodammer
Level 3

Hi,

i´ve created a new server with Windows 2008 SP2 SBS Premium (echange, sql etc). Its running as DC, with all the latest patches installed.

The PC (Fujitsu Primergy Server, with SATA Raid1 (two disks, mirrored, two logical drives => 500 GB).

Software: Backup Exec 2010 R2 SBS Edition.

Backup Drive = Quantum SDLT V4 Drive 160/320 GB connected to interanl SATA port.

Backup Speed is about 160 MB / Min., so a simple backup of 70 GB takes more then 6 hours.

any idea? or suggestion please?

thanks

best regards

5 REPLIES 5

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Just as a test try selecting eveything but the System State to backup and see how fast it goes.

StefanRodammer
Level 3

Hi Colin,

thanks for the tip, will try, and report tomorrow... any other idea?

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Reason for the comment is that we have an issue with Speed of System State backup on Windows 2008 (particularly when it is a DC - although not unique to a DC) 

StefanRodammer
Level 3

thanks, and is there a workaround ? patch in the near future? anything which can be done, as i think system-state is quite important. ;)

StefanRodammer
Level 3

Hi, that seems to work better, it backed it up in 2 hours, with an average thrughput of 550MB/min.

the question now is how to make it faster if i also backup the system state....

if backup exec has a problem to save system state of dc?, how to handle small business servers as they have to be dc !?!?!? why theres a special version ?

thanks!