Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec SBS 2012 (fully Patched) Failures on SBS 2011 Server

Jennings
Level 4
Partner

Hi,

New server with BE 2012 (Fully Updated)

If I set a full backup to run at night it fails with the following errors.

Error: SharePoint_AdminContent_bb92edc4-9b87-4eae-ba07-cce25a522f92 is a component of a SharePoint server farm. It must be backed up using the Backup Exec Agent for Microsoft SharePoint Portal Server. Select it for backup from the Microsoft Server SharePoint Server Farms node.

V-79-57344-33925 - Error: SharePoint_ConfigurationDatabase is a component of a SharePoint server farm. It must be backed up using the Backup Exec Agent for Microsoft SharePoint Portal Server. Select it for backup from the Microsoft Server SharePoint Server Farms node.

V-79-57344-33925 - Error: ShareWebDb is a component of a SharePoint server farm. It must be backed up using the Backup Exec Agent for Microsoft SharePoint Portal Server. Select it for backup from the Microsoft Server SharePoint Server Farms node.

V-79-57344-33925 - Error: WSS_Search_SBS2011 is a component of a SharePoint server farm. It must be backed up using the Backup Exec Agent for Microsoft SharePoint Portal Server. Select it for backup from the Microsoft Server SharePoint Server Farms node.

The only way to avoid these errors is to unselect the following 2 items

the DATA folder under c:\program files\microsft SQL server\mssql10_50.sharepoint.

and

The Sharepoint node under Microsoft SQL server instances

But this then turns the green light off for Simplified Disaster Recovery (which obviously worries me)

I have not done anything with the Server Farm 1 option (should I be backing this up every night also)

I would appreciate any guidance on this.

Many thanks

Andrew

8 REPLIES 8

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello Andrew,

You should not be selecting the Sharepoint Node under the server in the selection list.

To backup Sharepoint you should add the Sharepoint Farm and create a backup just to backup the Sharepoint farm.

Also there is no need to uncheck the the DATA folder under c:\program files\microsft SQL server\mssql10_50.sharepoint which means SDR option is still on (Green indication).

Follow the workaround in this technote

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH161674 : Backup of local resources of a SBS 2011 (Small Business Server) Server completes with the exception "Error: Sharepoint_Admincont is a component of a Share Point server farm"

Just take a Full backup of Sharepoint Farm.

And then take Full backup of your complete server with Sharepoint Farm not selected under the server resources.

Thanks,

-Sush...

Jennings
Level 4
Partner

Many thanks

So just to clarify the selections for the nightly backup should be

Capture2.JPG

But also backup

Capture1.JPG

Server Farm 1 selection above every night

Many thanks for your kind help.

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello Jennings,

The selections in Figure 1 looks to be correct.

In the second figure, create a backup job for that Sharepoint Farm1 and ensure that job is completed before the Full server backup job.

Thanks,

-Sush...

Jennings
Level 4
Partner

Great.

I will start a SHarepoint Farm 1 backup running to overwrite the tape but not eject.

And the do the full server backup an hour after appending the tape and then eject.

Then both backups are on same tape.

Jennings
Level 4
Partner

Hi.

Backup ran last night but the full backup still completed with exceptions.

It would seem the only way to get a complete backup without exceptions is to ommit the selections in my first post.hen the green DR light goes out

This seams crazy and worrying.

Surely this can not be the case.

Many thanks

Jennings
Level 4
Partner

Hi.

Backup ran last night but the full backup still completed with exceptions.

It would seem the only way to get a complete backup without exceptions is to ommit the selections in my first post.hen the green DR light goes out

This seams crazy and worrying.

Surely this can not be the case.

Many thanks

Jennings
Level 4
Partner

Hi Guys.

Does any one have any more ideas how to sort this.

I have been a user of BE since version 9 and have never had this sort of issue before ?

I would appreciate any comments.

Many thanks

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...might be time to log an official call with Symantec.

Thanks!