cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec Server Service not starting

Antibus
Level 3
Hi we have got a windows server 2008 SP2 running Backup Exec 12.5; Since the beginning of this week the Backup Exec Server Service is not starting any more. when Backup Exec is trying to start the service I'm getting the following error: ERROR: Event Type: Error Event Source: Backup Exec Event Category: (65535) Event ID: 57802 Description: The Backup Exec Server Service did not start. An internal error (4313) occurred in object -1. I found the follwing KB Article (http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/320569.htm) but the database is already set to Multi User Mode. So no help for me. Has anybody got a solution for this problem which may work for me?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Antibus
Level 3

Patching BE 12.5 didn't solve the Problem.

We then tried to repair the installation but this also didn't solve the problem. Finally we reinstalled BE and now the BE Server Service is starts without any problems and BE works fine.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Antibus,

Try start by patching BE 12.5 to the hilt...this could sort things out.

If not, reply here and we can take it further...

Laters!

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Any news here?

Antibus
Level 3

Patching BE 12.5 didn't solve the Problem.

We then tried to repair the installation but this also didn't solve the problem. Finally we reinstalled BE and now the BE Server Service is starts without any problems and BE works fine.