cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec Server never starts

Rob_Purdy
Level 2
The Backup Exec Server never starts, it stays in a status of starting. If I run the DOS console I get "Not and excahnge server" - which is true, and esebcli2.dll not loaded, followed Error: System Call (bind): 0

Then it exists with exit code 0.

I have tried re-installing with no change.

Windows 2000 Server is at Service pack 4

There is neither Exchange nor SQL Server installed, nor are these components for Backup Exec loaded.
5 REPLIES 5

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

- What is the exact error message you get when starting the Server service?
- Since when does this error occur? Have you made any changes?

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Thomas_Bianco
Level 5
if you're backing up an exchange server, or have an exchange agent, you'll need to install the administrative tools from exchange onto the backup exec server.

we saw this message on a TON of servers prior to learning about the administrative tools.

Rob_Purdy
Level 2
There is no error message. In fact the backup exec server did start after a few days! Up until that stage it was simply reported as "starting" in the Services screen. The problem persists after a re-install and a re-boot.

Looks like it is waiting (very patiently) for something!

Thanks

Rob

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,
Plase disable the antivirus.Try to start the services that are stopped, manually from the services applet. Check if any error message appears at this time or whether it hangs indefinitely.
NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.

Asma_Tamboli
Level 6
Hello Rob,

Could you please update us on the issue?

Thanks in advance!

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.