cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec Unix Agent support for HP-UX 11i v3 (11.31)?

DeeM
Level 3
Does anyone know the status for support on HP-UX 11i v3 (11.31) for Backup Exec 11d - Unix remote agent?  It looks like it is not supported.  It is supported in previous HP-UX versions.  Any ideas?  Greatly appreciate any feedback and resolution.  Thanks!

Dee
{Personal info removed to prevent spam}
Message Edited by IanSee on 11-28-2008 10:53 AM
6 REPLIES 6

Andy84
Level 3
hi,

the HP-UX 11iv3 is not supported with Backup Exec 11d

this is not supported in Backup Exec 12d as well.

DeeM
Level 3
Thanks.  But, I already know that.  I was curious to see if anyone new when or if the have an alternate fix for this?  Future release?  I hear they are working on it, but not sure what that really means.  Any alternatives on backing up HP-UX 11 v3?

Dee

Jay_Long
Level 3
I've been looking for a RALUS agent for 11.23 on Itanium. I've found that the old Legacy agent appears to work on this platform, not sure how reliable it is though. About to try a restore which has been where the problems occur before.

Al_Olson
Level 3
Does anyone have any new/additional information about what can be made to work in order to Backup HP-UX 11i v3 (ia64) with the Backup Exec RALUS (10d) agent?  Any help would be appreciated.   How is the legacy agent working out for you?  Any problems installing it?

DeeM
Level 3

Hello Al.  Nice to see others wanting a fix as well.  I was not able to get the legacy agent to work.  Not sure why there is no IA64 agent yet.  They have it for the pa-risc verion of hp-ux 11i v3.  hopefully someone will be able to let us know how to resolve this.  keep in touch.  feel free to email me to discuss further.  Currently there is no agent support for HP-UX 11i v3 IA64.  I've been hearing there is talks about supporting it, but nothing firm yet.  hopefully something soon...

dee

{Personal information removed}

Message Edited by IanSee on 01-27-2009 03:32 PM

birdtd
Level 2

Any one know where I can download the 10d RALUS for HP UX 11.11 (not the IA64)?