cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec Win2010 R3 - Communication Stalled When Running an Erase Job

buckethead
Level 3

After performing an in place upgrade from BE 2010 R2 to R3 Erase jobs on the DeDup fail with a "communication stalled" message. Two calls into Symantec Tech support and yet no solution - has anyone seen this problem - Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

buckethead
Level 3

Well Symantec Tech Support called we ended up deleting my DeDup folder and creating another one. One  concerning issue is that Tech support told me that development didn't want to put any resources into troubleshooting giving me just one option - delete the DeDup folder, loss my data and start from scratch.

A note to Symantec - I don't think that I'll be putting any further resources ( $ ) into Symantec

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Dev_T
Level 6

Hi,

Go to the media tab-->right click on the servr name and click on PAUSED...wait for few seconds and UNPAUSE. Now run the erase job.

hope this helps...

buckethead
Level 3

No luck - same result - communication stalled when running an erase on a WIN 2010 R3 folder. Symantec Tech Support called me back and they are thinking it's a currupt DeDup folder, if it is then is was caused by the R2 to R3 upgrade.  Anyway, rebuilding the DeDup folder is my last resort since that results in total loss of backup data.

Any other suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

buckethead
Level 3

Well Symantec Tech Support called we ended up deleting my DeDup folder and creating another one. One  concerning issue is that Tech support told me that development didn't want to put any resources into troubleshooting giving me just one option - delete the DeDup folder, loss my data and start from scratch.

A note to Symantec - I don't think that I'll be putting any further resources ( $ ) into Symantec