cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec Windows System Agent License

cityboy
Not applicable

Can I backup the target windows server without windows system agent? and if the answer is 'Yes' then what's the benefit of the agent? How many Backup Exec Windows System Agent licenses I need? Say, I have 5 windows servers I need to backup, do I need 5 separate Agents licenses or just one to install on Backup Exec Server? thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

No

Without a RA serial nstalled, BackupExec will not even connect to a remote server

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

And yes, you would require 1 RAWS license for every remote sytem being protected (exception being Win XP though XP does require the RAWS software installed)

Alie
Not applicable

You would need RAWS license for each windows server except the Server which is having Media Server(as media server has RAWS preinstalled)

houstonjdd
Not applicable

If I can add to this.. (I tried to create my own topic but it's not publishing for some reason). 

So if I wanted to backup *JUST* files from 100+ servers, I would need to buy 100+ agents? Just to backup the files? 

That's ridiculous if true, ArcServe doesn't require that and neither does Acronis..... that would cost me over 70k!