cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec and DB2 Instance Integration in not completing

shroffbhavik
Not applicable
Hello Friend,

I am evaluating symantic Backup Exec 12.5 for Windows Server to imlement Backup Solution.

Environment:

We are running with SAP with IBM DB2 LUW 9.1 FP4 on Windows Server 2003 x64 Ent. Edition.
The Media Server is also running on Windows Server 2003 x64 Ent. Edition on another host.
The remote SAP system having DB2 Database as backend, is in the same Domain as Media Server.  I am using one domain administrator user in some parts of configuration.

Problem Description:

I have installed necessary agents on media server (Backup Exec DB2 Agent) as well as on remote DB2 Server Host (Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows Systems).
I am following the steps mentionded in Appendix P "Symantec Backup Exec Agent for DB2 on Windows Servers"at Page no. 1441  of  "Symantec Backup ExecTM 12 for Windows Servers Administrator’s Guide"

I am not able to complete DB2 Integration part from Media Server to DB2 Instance Host.
The DB2 Integration part is halting and giving errors like  "Failed to access DB2 Instance "DB2ID1"... "Authentication failed on connection to the server. Make sure that the user account has the appropriate permissions and that the password was typed correctly."

I am supplying correct db2user (db2smp-- Database Admin User for SMP SAP system), with correct password information, but still the integration is giving this kind of error.

May i know, where I am missing something while performing DB2 integration?

May I know the step by step guide for the Backup Exec & DB2 Intergrartion (in SAP Environment) ?

I am looking for your kind cooperation.

Regards,
Bhavik G. Shroff

0 REPLIES 0