cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec doesnot show Oracle Database for selection while trying to do restore for an Oracle Online Backup taken using Oracle Agent.

rateesh
Not applicable
Hi Folks,

We have Symantec Backup Exec version 12.5 and have confgured Oracle Agent .

We have various backups (online) of Oracle Databases(2 db's PG & GB)   taken through 2 different polices. All of them have been shon as successfully completed in the Job log and I can see also the byte written.

While trying to Restore, I donot get the option to restore One of the Database . I am unable to select the Database and therefore unable to restore and recover the database.  Both the database backups use the same mediaset. 

I have done a catalog for tha tapes a tried and could not get the database listed. Even a search in catalog doesnot show any files related to the database I want to restore.

I am worried whether my database backups are being overwritten as the jobs run on the same media set and uses the same tape.

many thanks for your support.

Regards,
Rateesh Mohan

1 REPLY 1

Optimus_Prime
Level 5
Partner
Hi I just did a restore of Oracle database yesterday..and it did fine. We're backing up through tape as well. Try to select the restore on the View by resource tab and select the server where the database resides..under the Oracle database you'll  see the current database and the control files..select the latest control files to restore your database..After running my job it was failed but then it counts byte and it successfully restore the necessary datafiles. I let our DBA do the rest to mount the database again.