cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec failing on backing up Sophos

Neil_Cotton
Level 2

I have an issue where no matter what I try, the backup always fails on backing up the Sophos database.

Backup- FNP-01\SOPHOS
V-79-57344-65233 - AOFO: Initialization failure on: "Shadow?Copy?Components". Advanced Open File Opt... Snapshot provider error (0xE000FED1): A failure occurred querying the Writer status. Check the Windows Event Viewer for details. Writer Name: Event Logs, Writer ID: {EEE8C692-67ED-4250-8D86-390603070D00}, Last error: The VSS Writ...

All writers are reporting ok. Server has been restarted several timed and issue has been going on for a number of weeks. No changes were made to induce the issue.

Stats/Details

• Windows Storage Server 2003 R2
  • Backup Exec 12.5 (2213) Service Pack 4
  • Sophos Endpoint Security and Control v9.5
  • AV Versioin : 9.5.5 VDL4.66G
  • Last Successfull Backup : 6/6/11

Please help

Regards
Neil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Neil_Cotton
Level 2

I have, for the time being, just remove dthe sophos database from the backup selection.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Neil,

If Advanced Open File Option (AOFO) isn't turned on, do so and see if this resolves the issue.

Also, if the Sophos DB is running on something like SQL, and you don't have the SQL agent, trying to back up the live file will bring BE's Active File Exclusion (AFE) into play! It's going to exclude the file as a result. If you need to back up the DB, and don't have the agent, create a nightly dump of the DB and backup the *.bak file.

Thanks!

Neil_Cotton
Level 2

I have, for the time being, just remove dthe sophos database from the backup selection.