Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec report - ranges is disable in job summary report

NBU_13
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Hi,

I need the solution.

Iam trying to create job summary report for last 1 year for record, but Iam unable to select data ranges, due to ranges option is disable, anyone guide me on this.

please refer attached file for the same.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Siddhant_Saini
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Hello,
The 'Job Summary' report lists all jobs that have run with the specified time range. The jobs are listed in chronological order. You can limit the amount of data that appears in the report by selecting the range parameters for the Hours option only(as indicated in the screenshot sent by you). 

The maximum hours that you can enter is 32,000 hours. As such, if you are looking to get information for the last entire year, then you need to enter 8760 hours (365*24).

Note: You would be getting a report of the 'Job Summary' and as such, it may need a lot of time to pull those details out. Moreoever, you need to click on the Backup Exec icon(top-left) and then check the 'Delete aged data' section available under Configuration and Settings > Backup Exec Settings > Database Maintenance for the days to keep the job history. As far as I understand, it would be able to give the results based on the entries there. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello there,

As per the information on the Help page it says "If range parameters are not available for a report, you will not be able to select the parameter."

So it seems from the screenshot that the only Range parameter available in your case is HOURS. Select that Range parameter and run the report to see if you are getting the required output.

Regards,

-Sush...

Siddhant_Saini
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Hello,
The 'Job Summary' report lists all jobs that have run with the specified time range. The jobs are listed in chronological order. You can limit the amount of data that appears in the report by selecting the range parameters for the Hours option only(as indicated in the screenshot sent by you). 

The maximum hours that you can enter is 32,000 hours. As such, if you are looking to get information for the last entire year, then you need to enter 8760 hours (365*24).

Note: You would be getting a report of the 'Job Summary' and as such, it may need a lot of time to pull those details out. Moreoever, you need to click on the Backup Exec icon(top-left) and then check the 'Delete aged data' section available under Configuration and Settings > Backup Exec Settings > Database Maintenance for the days to keep the job history. As far as I understand, it would be able to give the results based on the entries there. 

NBU_13
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Hi Siddhant,

Thanks for the information, let me try.

Just for confirm, data and event option in ranges is disable as default, right ? it is not issue with backup exec ?

Siddhant_Saini
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Yes, it does not apply to the 'Job Summary' option.