cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec services keep stopping error code E0008821

nagiostool
Level 3

Hi,

I have a issue with my backup, i'm running backup exec (TM) 2010 on server 2008 Enterprise Edition  and when i run daily backup's there is no issue with it but when it comes to weekly only the services gets stopped and even i manully restart the services also i get the same problem and in the job log its showing error code as E0008821

11 REPLIES 11

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi

When you are doing Weekly backup have you checked while backing which resource service get terminated

Ensure on first place Backupexec is @ 2010 r3 with all updates & remote agent is also upto date

Thanks

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi there,

Any sort of maintenance (AV scans, Exchange maintenance tasks etc.) that are running on the days you're doing your Weekly backups?

Thanks!

nagiostool
Level 3

No there is no such maintenance activity being carried out

nagiostool
Level 3

Can you tell me how to check which resource are getting terminated ???

My Backup Exec is Version 13.0

CraigV

...check the Alerts tab in Backup Exec and you will see which services are stopping. You can also check the Event Viewer.

BE v13 is 2010...but there are 3 revisions!

Backup_Exec1
Level 6

Hi

Job log would be indicating on which resource it is failing if some how job log is not generated then in job history you can check were it will show you the error there too

Also version is 13 but what build is this like 13.0.5204.25 is latest build for backupexec 2010 which is 2010 r3 sp2 with updates

THanks

nagiostool
Level 3

In the alerts tab its indicating that the job has been completed successfully and no errors in the alerts tab surprise

nagiostool
Level 3

the version is 13.0.2896

Backup_Exec1
Level 6

Hi

Please upgrade to version BE 2010 r3 sp2 with updates & then update remote agent on remote server which should match up with the remote agent on media server once you do that please see if that works

Also note upgrade to BE 2010 r3 is free upgrade and it will ensure you are on updated version of BE 2010 with all updates

Please use the link below to download BE 2010 r3

BE 2010 R3  Installer - http://trialware.norton.com/files/fc/Backup_Exec_2010_13.0.5204_MultiPlatforms_Multilingual_DVD.iso

Using live update later ensure you install sp2 for BE 2010 r3 & few updates after sp2

Thanks

jrupel
Not applicable

Would a DEFRAG running at the sametime cause the job to stall?

CraigV

...it might with all the IO running on the disks. Stop it and try again!