cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec v10 for Windows SBS 2003 Server - Pre-installation question

Mariano_Meilich
Level 2
I´m evaluating Backup Exec v10 for Windows Small Business 2003 Server.
As it´s an evaluation program there are plenty options to check as it works also with Windows 2003 Server and many agents.

So, my question is:

before installing I see the following options checked and not checked:

1) checked options by default:
2) Tape Device Drivers (OK)
3) Online Documentation (OK)
4) Enable Robotic Library Support (OK)

Not checked by default (I guess)
5) Intelligent Disaster Recovery
6) Agent for Microsoft Exchange Server
7) Agent for Microsoft SharePoint Portal Server
8) Agent for SQL Server

Should I check the latest four options or when I install the definitive licence they are also checked by default?

I appreciate any help

Best regards,
Mariano Meilich
Compuzoom
3 REPLIES 3

Ashutosh_Tamhan
Level 6
You are right. These options are paid options and will appear checked once you have entered the respective license key in BEWS.

As you said you are evaluating the software, you just need to check these options when you next run the setup or installation! You are allowed to install these options without any license key in eval mode.

Regards,
Ashutosh

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Mariano_Meilich
Level 2
Thank you for your answer

But still I don´t understand the following:
How does Backup Exec v10 for Windows Small Business Server 2003 version really work with the keys?
Veritas provides me with one KEY or 3, 4 or 5 keys to enable ?

My server has Windows 2003 for SBS STANDARD edition.

After buying B.Exec v10 for SBS 2003, the same key enables the following options?
5) Intelligent Disaster Recovery
6) Agent for Microsoft Exchange Server
7) Agent for Microsoft SharePoint Portal Server
8) Agent for SQL Server

A far I know, Intelligent Disaster Recovery Agent and Agent for Microsoft Excahnge Server are included in B.Exec v10 for SBS.

As I´m using Widows 2003 Server SBS STANDARD edition (it includes Exchange and Sharepoint) I want to know, before buying, If with the Key (or Keys) provided: which B.Exec v10 option really enable?

Regards,
Mariano Meilich
Compuzoom

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

The SBS license includes agents for Exchange server,SQL server, IDR option. While you go ahead with the installation you will need to check the options.

Hope that helps. Revert in case of more queries on this.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.