cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Fail after one trial agent expired - even purchase new license and install still license violent

zenbkkit
Level 2

Hi support team,

I had very difficult to get support recently. open case still error page 505..

anyway, my problem is the Back up Exec 2012 detect wrong number of agent install. We purchased 4 windows agent licenses and installed only 4 but it said one license is going to expire. We check all 4 agents nothing found incorrect. So, I just left it until it count down and expired.

Now when it expire all backj are just not functional at all.

I try to re-install agents, resintall license files. Check at license - and validate correctly. It will expire in 2013. 

But still backup error with message License violent.

Try to restart backup server, and try to restart remote server (with agent) still got the same error.

We cannot backup files for 2 days already.

Is there any lock somewhere or what I have to do to unlock it?

Or do I have to re-install the backup exec server with fresh install again?

Regard,

Zen

4 REPLIES 4

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Sush---
Level 6

Hello ZEn,

It seems that the License SLF files that you have entered are the Maintenance contract SLF files. Please check with Symantec Customer Care and get the License files of product as you already have the Maintenence SLF files.

Also after entering (importing) the SLF files , in the NEXT screen you will have to select them so as to activate it.

Thanks,

-Sush...

VJware
Level 6

In addition to above, verify if you are using the product activation licenses or just the maintenance support ones..(first one is required)...

If you are indeed installing the valid licenses, rename the license folder & re-install the licenses...Depending upon the OS, this folder can be found ~

Windows Server 2008 - C:\ Program Data\Symantec Shared\Licenses and C:\Users\All Users\Symantec Shared\Licenses

Windows 2003 - C:\Program Files\Common Files\ Symantec Shared\Licenses

zenbkkit
Level 2

Unfortunately, we followed all of those methods it won't work.

However, I just decided to uninstall the Server and reinstall again. Now it just work simply.

Here is the procedure we fixed.

1. Uninstall the Backup Exec 2012 Server - but normally it won't allow to uninstall unless you stop the services. So I just try to stop the services. I does not allow normaly, so I just force to end tasks the process.

2. restart server

3. Install the Backup Exec 2012 server - now it just works.

Luckily, all the settings and logs are still there. No need to reconfigure anything.

Strange but works.

My suggestion, never let's any agents to expire. We had 4 win licenses for agent. It said we got 5 and 1 was going to expire. We check agent view, it found 4 correctly. I did License Acessment scan through the network, it found 4 correctly. But still said 1 was going to expire. so, I just left it. Finally, it got problem as above. So, I hope symantect will find out what issue while one expire would cause all unfunctional and why fix to install license still won't help until we need to re-install to server.