cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Failing v-79-57344-65003 and 0xe00084af

Integra
Level 3

Hello,

I inherited a backup duty and I need help stabilizing the backup.

It ran fine for two days and then started choking,

Backup Exec 2010 R3 Version 13.0 Rev. 5204

Windows Server 2003 R2  it is the domain controller

Here is the error:

Job ended: Friday, April 11, 2014 at 4:07:29 AM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe00084af - The directory or file was not found, or could not be accessed.
Final error category: Job Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-33967

The backup hits the USERS\Name directory and just begins to choke on alot that comes after. For the last two days it has hit the USERS directory and when it chokes on one user it appears to chooke on every user thereafter. It was not th same user each time.

V-79-57344-65033 - Directory not found. Cannot backup directory \Data\Users\USERNAME\PLP and its sub... etc

V-79-57344-65033 - Directory not found. Cannot backup directory \System Volume Information and its s...

V-79-57344-65033 - Directory not found. Cannot backup directory \WINNT and its subdirectories.

These are all on the C:\ drive of the computer.

Other items backed up on different computers are Sharepoint and an SQL database.

Any help would be good.

9 REPLIES 9

Sym-cr
Level 5

Hi Integra,

Please check different scenarios provided in the below mentioned TECH Article:

How to troubleshoot backup jobs that fail with the error message " Final error: 0xe00084af - The directory or file was not found, or could not be accessed"

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH71644

Also have a look at the Related Articles section at the bottom of this TECH Article.

Thanks!!

pkh
   VIP    Certified

1) Make sure you turn on AOFO in your job.

2) It could be a disk corruption.  In a command prompt, run

chkdsk /f

on the volume. Make sure you include the /f switch so that chkdsk can repair any corruption.

Integra
Level 3

Thanks for your help.

I updated the software through the updater but did not go to the update 2012. Should I? Are there reasons not to?

pkh:

AOFO is on and the data is in the directories.

Sym-Cr@zy

Thanks for the articles.

After I updated the 2010 Ihad to re-inventory my USB and the backup was good.

The very next day I keep getting:

Job ended: Thursday, May 01, 2014 at 6:28:12 AM Completed status: Failed Final error: 0xe000fe36 - Corrupt data encountered. See the job log for details. Final error category: Resource Errors For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-65078.

This is driving me crazy!

Thanks for your help. It is crazy busy right now and I know the backup is very close because they are coming in very close to the correct size for Successful backup I just want the word Successful after the time stamp.

Integra
Level 3

Is this a safe download?

Backup Exec 2012 is now available!

Hotfix 21812

lmosla
Level 6

the message in Live Updates    'Backup Exec 2012 is now available!'     is just a fyi .  I would wait for Backup Exec 2014 before moving from your current Backup Exec 2010R3 version.  

It is much easier to use and adjust to than Backup Exec 2012.

Hotfix 21812 is safe to download  after it is installed just make sure and push out RAWS to the remote servers

Integra
Level 3

RAWS?

sorry maybe it is a silly question.

lmosla
Level 6

not silly but RAWS = the remote agent. Push it out or install it on the remote servers to keep them at the same version as the media server.  

Integra
Level 3

Thanks foryour help.

How do I push it out? Will it require a reboot of all the other servers?

lmosla
Level 6

Refer to http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH128757 and a reboot wont be required unless you are choosing to install AOFO or if you are using deduplication.  Even so, you should schedule a reboot as soon as its convenient.  

Note: wait till all the updates are installed on the media server before installing the remote agent on the remote servers.