cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Fails (As Usual)

Jason_Watkins
Level 4
Hello,

I have a small backup solution that is hosted on a Windows XP Pro. SP2 machine. The clients are two other Windows XP SP2 machines and a single Windows 2000 Pro. SP4 machine. In addition to the numerous other problems that I have with this program, one persists above all others. Every backup of the Windows 2000 machine fails with the same error, "0xe000fe30 - A Communications failure has occurred". All of the machines can communicate properly, and all test runs of the jobs work! However, when the real job runs the same errors return. There are links to these errors, but the online documentation does not depict the scenario I am working with.

V-79-57344-65072
V-79-57344-34004

These errors deal with Exchange. I am not backing up Exchange. I need help with this incredibly buggy, awful, backup program.

Thanks in advance.

- Jason
6 REPLIES 6

ICS_Tech
Level 3
Did you manually select your files, or did you check the box that selects all files?
If your server is running exchange you need to manually select the files you need, otherwise you will never get a success full backup.

Jason_Watkins
Level 4
Hello,

Exchange is not a part of the picture. I am not running Exchange. I set the files I wanted to back up manually, and not with the check box for the root folders. None of the documentation that I can find online pertains to my scenario.

Thank you

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,
- Please check if port 10000 is being used by beremote on both source and target machines.
- Are the machines being backed up located behind a firewall?
NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.

Jason_Watkins
Level 4
No firewall is involvled, as the target machine is a Windows 2000 box. Port 10000 is being listened on, but I am not sure how to confirm the port that is actually being used. I switched the time-frame in use, and placed SP1 on B/U Exec, in addition to reinstalling all agents. It seems to work now, but I wish I knew why.

Thank you for your follow-up.

- Jason Watkins

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

It seems the problem that you were facing, is resolved now. You can refer to the following technote that provides with links that might help answer your question as to why the problem occured in the first place:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/266181

As the issue is now resolved, we will mark this thread as 'assumed answered'.

Regards.

Jason_Watkins
Level 4
Backups still fail, but not from the afore-mentioned reasons.

Thanks for all of the answers.