cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Files using Last Modified

Lee_Davis
Level 3
Hi,

I am relatively new to BackupExec having used another product previously. We need to backup all files on our data server with a last modified date before 2003 and then delete them.

From the selection screen i have been clicking the Advanced File Selection button, choosing the File Path, Exclude, Only Modified Files dated from 01/01/2003 to 25/01/2005. The Type of Job is set to Archive (delete after backup). However, after the job has run i find that all files in the folders have been deleted, with the exception of files modified in 2005.

Am i missing something here? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Kind Regards
Lee
4 REPLIES 4

Ameet_Thakkar
Level 6
Please ensure the following

1) The System time is correct and in tandom with your local time.

2) Try and perform the backup job operation again. The settings that you have mentioned us seems to be correct. Revert back with the result.

SANDEEP_PILLAY
Level 6
Hi,

Kindly let us know if the issue persists.

Lee_Davis
Level 3
Hi,

I have tried the System Time and another backup and it has still not worked.

Apologies for the double post as well, i am still finding my feet on these forums =)

Regards
Lee

Shyam_Sundar
Level 6
Hello,

Another reason for such problems could be the Antivirus Software running. Exclude the files that are to be backed up from real time scanning and then check.

Please write to us with the results.

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Thanks.