cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Job Fails due to backslash

Sean_Donnelly
Level 4

Since upgrading to BE12 SP1 I am receiving the following error when using my SQL Agent. Now the thing is in the DB name there is no backslahses, only underscores? The name is c360_Solutions and then MSDN_Subscriber2 for the SQL databases. Thoughts on this and the current articles found on the Symantec site did not fix my problem.

Backup- \\150-SAPARCHIVE\E: SQL DATABASE
V-79-57344-34110 - AOFO: Initialization failure on: "150-SAPARCHIVE". Advanced Open File Option used...
Snapshot provider error (0xE0000353): The path for this database is invalid because it contains extr...
Check the Windows Event Viewer for details.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sean_Donnelly
Level 4
I found another posting that referenced double \\ slashes in SQL path to the DB. I checked and I actually had 2 DB transaction logs pointing to E:\xxxx\xxxx\\database.ldf. I detached and reattached and it immediately put the \\ back in, so I manually changed and my SQL backups are running perfectly now.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Sean_Donnelly
Level 4
I found another posting that referenced double \\ slashes in SQL path to the DB. I checked and I actually had 2 DB transaction logs pointing to E:\xxxx\xxxx\\database.ldf. I detached and reattached and it immediately put the \\ back in, so I manually changed and my SQL backups are running perfectly now.