cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Missed or Failed

Jemaher
Level 2

I am running Symantec Ver 12 Rev1364 and started receiving the following error on March 10, 2009.

e000e020 - The job was scheduled to run, but the availability window closed before the job could start. There may not have been any destination devices available during the window, or the job may have been submitted to run when the window was closed.

Wea are located in Arizona and do not use Daylight Savings Time so the previous fixes are not working. Have restarted server and still receive the same errors on numerous backups.

Any Ideas?

2 REPLIES 2

MitchR
Level 6

Try editing the scheduled time for that job.  For example, if the job starts at 8:00pm, change it to 8:01pm.

That's been the fix for some in the past... worst case you may need to delete & recreate the job. :(

Sheena_K_
Level 4
I run into this problem every time the time changes. All my early morning jobs miss the day of the time change then that night all my evening jobs will miss. I still haven't found a solution to this other than rerunning the jobs as they begin missing which is difficult as some start at 2am. I've read in previous versions there were updates but it appears the Symantec didn't follow those updates through the newer versions.

Check out this article: http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/305909.htm 

It's quite humorous the solution.