cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Network Share

brvaland
Level 3

Hi Experts

I would like to backup a network share using backup exec but i receive the following error messages.

Click an error below to locate it in the job log
Backup- XXXXXXV-79-57344-3844 - The media server was unable to connect to the Remote Agent on machine XXXXXX.

The media server will use the local agent to try to complete the operation.

Unable to initialize Remote Agent

Backup- XXXXXXV-79-57344-65277 - AOFO: Initialization failure on: "\\XXXXXX\ClientWeb". Advanced Open File Option used: No.

Remote Agent not detected on XXXXX.

Any help will be highly appreciated

Kind Regards
Bhavesh

5 REPLIES 5

teiva-boy
Level 6
Well you cant use AOFO on the network share that is for sure....  Turn that off and try again. 

brvaland
Level 3
The Advanced Open File Option is already turned off, please see attached screenshot.

Kind Regards
Bhavesh

brvaland
Level 3
Hi Experts

Any Help will be highly appreciated.

Kind Regards
Bhavesh

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified
If the device holding the Network Share has NDMP enabled then you will have to either disable NDMP on the device - or chaneg teh NDMP port on and servers running Backup Exec components so that BackuP Exec does not belive a remote agent is instaleld just because it gets and answre on NDMP.

Also you must have at least one Remoet Agent leicens installed on the BackuP Exec Media Server even though you are backing up over a share for this to work.

brvaland
Level 3
Hi Experts

I am newbie to backup exec.

I have only installed the backup exec windows on the media server and on the network share server i have not installed anything.

Can you please guide me what steps I need to take get this thing working?

Kind Regards
Bhavesh