cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Problem

Alan_Rechdan
Level 3
Dear All,

I have a Backup Exec 9.1 installed on our exchange 2003 and win 2003 server. The server uses Raid 5. I had HD problem with one of the HDs and had to replace it ... after the replcement of that HD which was rebuilt successfully ... Backup does not run anymore !!! and it get access denied messages.

Job ended: Wednesday, July 22, 2009 at 10:36:21 AM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xa0008488 - Access is denied.

Backup - \\EXCHANGE\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group WARNING: "\\EXCHANGE\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group\Mailbox Store (EXCHANGE)" is a corrupt file.
This file cannot verify.

Database Mailbox Store (EXCHANGE)
Access denied to database Mailbox Store (EXCHANGE).
WARNING: "\\EXCHANGE\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group\Mailbox Store (EXCHANGE)" is a corrupt file.
This file cannot verify.
Database or database element is corrupt
Database Public Folder Store (EXCHANGE)
Log Files

Any help will be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
23 REPLIES 23

KJavheri
Level 4
Employee
Make sure that the Backup account you are using is Domain admin account and a local admin account on the Exchange server.
The account must be delegated "Exchange Full Administrator" role on the organisation.

To do this open Exchange system manager--- Right click on the organisation name and select Delegate control option. Add the backup account and give it Exchange Full admin role.

You can also test if the Permissions are fine or not from Backup exec. In backup Selections you will see the Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes icon. Using the same backup account you should be able to Expand the mailboxes. But if the backup account has issues, it will throw you the access denied msg.

kkate
Level 5
Accredited

Fine,

Not a solution but a workaround:
Download BE 12.5 and service pack 2. Install on the test server,
Push install agent on the Exchange server. No need to restart the servers.
Configure a job to backup Information Store on backup to disk. Run it.
this could be the solution.
You can do everthing (backup & restoration mainly) in eval version of BE 12.5.
Just try this.
Also in case of BE 9.1 need to check from scratch i.e. SCL for troubleshooting.
Is Exchange 2003 with SP1?

Need some time but try BE12.5. It best software with new agents.

Regards

KK

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

I gues its a issue related to MAPi , You can check the event log on the exchange server and there should be some error related to Mapi

KJavheri
Level 4
Employee
what is present status of the issue? please let us know if this is resolved.