cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Set contents for VMware shows incorrect date in Modified Time column

HsiehBook
Level 2
I have a issue about Backup Exec 2012.
My Backup Exec 2012 Version is 14.1798 (Backup Exec 2012 SP2 with hotfix)

The issue: 
Backup Set contents for VMware shows incorrect date in Modified Time column.

Below Image. Modify Time colume shows 1975/XX/XX
---
2013-11-11 09 41 47_ErrorTime111111.png
---

Thanks for help
5 REPLIES 5

Jaydeep_S
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

This might be cosmetic as on the left it does show the correct date and time for the backup set selection. You could try performing a test redirected restore to confirm that you are able to restore the data. If this works you could open a support case and report the issue (cosmetic bug).

Colin_Weaver

My guess is this is the same 'cosmetic' problem as this one documented for SQL Backup Sets

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH210678

For the time being please rely on the date of the set - the middle pane in your screenshot above and ignore the dates listed in the contents pane.

EDIT: My own test servers show the same issue so it is reproducible. The visible location of the problem is in a slightly different place than it is for the SQL issue, however I think it is the same problem and have internally updated the engineering escalation to make them aware of the AVVI effect.

HsiehBook
Level 2
To: Colin Veaver,

In your reply, do you mean that this issue may be resolved by way of a patch or hotfix in current or future revisions of the software ? like SQL issue.

And do I need to open a case support for this problem? or just wait for the new hotfix?

Thanks for your help.

Colin_Weaver

My answer and the related TECH article are just indications that we are investigating an issue that appears to directly relate to the problem you have asked about. In no way however are we confirming any plans for a final fix as we are still investigating.

By all means log a support case to get confirmation that it is the same problem and to perhaps get more direct details on any plans for the problem.

Note:

When we confirm plans for fixes we use a different disclaimer in the foot of the TECH article.

bandit61
Level 6

not only related to VM, have the same problems with actual backup-sets of exchange 2007 (LTO6 & BE1012 & FullBackup).