Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Windows Server 2012

DaveD_MS
Level 2

Hello,

I urgently need a working BE2012 V-Ray!

A customer bought Windows Server 2012 and got new hardware. Also has Backup Exec Licenses. Due to other constraints it was decided to install that Server 2012 on the bare metal and creating VMs with 2012.

WHY SYMANTEC IS SUCH A LAME COMPANY AND DID NOT FINISH A WORKING BE2012 FOR BACKING UP WINDOWS SERVER 2012???!!!!????

And nowhere a release date published ...

My next customer gets DPM as recommended Backup Solution ...

I got BE2012 installed on W2K12, also discovered the hosts, everything seems to work (but it is slow, a host with only the Hyper-V Role and no VMs hosted need 3 hours (for around 20 GB !!!!!!!!!!!) to finish with error.

The final error that came up: (sorry, german installation)

Backup 00020-Backup -- Der Auftrag schlug mit folgendem Fehler fehl: Die für einen Snapshot angegebenen Ressourcen verfügen über keine gültigen Daten. Überprüfen Sie, ob Dateien gelöscht oder umbenannt wurden.

refernece Support Database article: V-79-57344-34070

WTF!!! It sucks!

Sorry for the rude words, I just needed to vent my anger ...

Maybe anyone has a working BETA Version? I cannot actually not register for BETA.

Kind regards, David

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

BE 2012 R2 Beta is not out yet, but register on the link below:

https://symbeta.symantec.com/callout/?callid=52801D5ABA034CC18A15C8E8E5CB2F99

Thanks!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

BE 2012 R2 Beta is not out yet, but register on the link below:

https://symbeta.symantec.com/callout/?callid=52801D5ABA034CC18A15C8E8E5CB2F99

Thanks!

pkh
   VIP    Certified

I believe there would be an announcement soon regarding the support for Server 2012.

Saltydog
Level 3

Just found something on Symantecs site saying they may start beta testing in quarter 2 of this year. I'm now looking for an alternative backup solution as I NEED to backup Windows Server 2012 yesterday, not in several months time. What are you playing at Symantec?

DaveD_MS
Level 2

@Saltydog: I received the BETA Announcement, a new BETA will come out end of March 2013.

I had no other choice to run every *.exe (even those the services are running) of the BE2012 in compatibility mode (Windows 7 for all users).

It it is f***ing slow, but it seems to do a backup, of course with many warnings.

A recovery is not tested at the moment.

I am arguing about myself that I missed that the BE is not compatible with Server2012, so I would have chosen another backup software. But now this is not an optoin, so I had to manage it the way listet above.

Kind Regards, David