cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup error 200095BF after Upgrade Vcenter Server 6.0

andreasbauer
Level 3

Hallo!

Ich hab mein Backup Exec auf 15 Upgedated. Danach liefen die Backup Jobs einwandfrei.

Jetzt hab ich den Vcenter Server auf 6.0 Upgedatet. Die Hosts sind noch ESXi 5.5.

Leider erhalte ich jetzt beim Backup:

V-79-57344-38366 - VDDK-Warn: VixDiskLib: Failed to load vixDiskLibVim.dll : ErrorCode = 0x7e.

Für den virtuellen Computer '([NAME]' konnte kein stillgelegter Snapshot erstellt werden.
V-79-8192-38335 - Beim Sperren der virtuellen Maschine für den Backup-/Wiederherstellungsvorgang ist ein Fehler aufgetreten.

V-79-57344-34009 - Beim Schreiben des Katalogs auf dem Datenträger ist ein Fehler aufgetreten. Wenn es sich um ein inkrementelles Backup handelt, funktioniert die Katalogisierung der generierten Medien möglicherweise nicht richtig.

Agent for Windows([NAME]) führt Backup Exec, Version 14.2.1180.0, aus. 

Ich hab schon versucht Den Job neu anzulegen und hab die Authentifizierung getestet.

Es scheint als würde er den Snapshot bei Vmware nicht triggern können.

Hat vielleicht jemand eine Idee?

lg Andreas

54 REPLIES 54

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...update the hosts and see if the error disappears.

Thanks!

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Would recommend couple of steps:

1) Do ensure the VMware hosts are licensed for vStorage APIs for Data Protection

2) From the Backup UI, uninstall and reinstall the Agent for VMware & Hyper-V

Click on the BE button - Installation and Licensing  - Install Agents and Options. Uncheck the Agent for Vmware and Hyper-V and proceed ahead with the install wizard till it completes. Repeat the steps and this time, check the Agent for Vmware and Hyper-V option.

3) Lastly, do ensure the BE account has permissions as per - https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH129645.html

andreasbauer
Level 3

I have updated one Host to 6.0 but the error didn't disappear.

The Hosts are licensed as Essentials

Produktfunktionen: 
    Unbegrenztes virtuelles SMP
    vCenter-Agent für VMware-Host
    vSphere API
    Speicher-APIs
    VMsafedisappears

I have tried to Uninstall the Agent for VMware & Hyper-V, when i installed it again, it was already checked.

After Installation i restarted, but the error didn't disappear.

About the permissons: The BE Account is also the Administrator Account of vSphere in the Global Options.

lg Andy

andreasbauer
Level 3

I have tried to uninstall the Agent and then Backup a Virtual machine. I get the same error.

I also tried a repair installation.

Regards Andy

VJware
Level 6

Per http://store.vmware.com/store/vmware/html/pbPage.vSphere_EssentialsKit

"vSphere Essentials Plus adds features such as vSphere Data Protection for agent-less backup of your data and virtual machines."

vSphere Essentials does NOT include the vStorage API for Data Protection. It comes along with Essentials Plus. I believe this right here is the issue since the virtual hosts have to be licensed for VDDKs.

andreasbauer
Level 3

With vSphere Essentials 5.5 it worked, so I don't hope that with 6.0 i need the Plus Version.

VJware
Level 6

You are right. I am looking at the correct link now - http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=2109507

vStorage API is included.

Would recommend to log a support case so that we can enable debugging to figure out the VDDK error.

andreasbauer
Level 3

I have opend a case yesterday!

Thanks

VJware
Level 6

Great. Would you PM me the case number ? Thanks.

VJware
Level 6

Based on the debug logs provided, please try the steps as per cause 1 of this KB - https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH165786.html

TobiasW
Level 2

Hi

any news regarding this case?

I do have the identical problem and above mentioned KB didn't help.

andreasbauer
Level 3

No, I'm sorry.

I had some Help from VJware, but no Solution.

The support sended me the KB TECH213264.html, but the Symantec Account has Admin rights.

Then they tought that something went wrong with the 6.0 Upgrade. So I completely deinstall vCenter 6.0 and reinstalled it, but the same error.

Now I try to go back to 5.5 to look if the error goes away.

I keep you Up to date.

Regards Andy

TobiasW
Level 2

Hallo Andreas,

danke für die Rückmeldung. Ich habe in der Zwischenzeit ebenfalls ein Ticket eröffnet, in der Hoffnug doppelt hilft schneller.

Am Montag will man sich wieder mit mir in Verbindung setzen, nachdem alle Problemlösungsversuche nicht erfolgreich waren. Sie wussten einfach nicht weiter, da bei uns eigentlich alles richtig konfiguriert ist und soweit auch alles andere funktioniert.

Grüße Tobias

Colin_Weaver

This error condition has been advanced to our engineering team and is currently under investigation. It is possible it is caused by not having the vCenter and ESX hosts at the same (6.x version), however, the investigation remains ongoing with no specific answer yet.

As such if you have an open support case please continue to work with the engineer handling your case. Any customers with this cndition without an open support case should consider opening one.

andreasbauer
Level 3

Thanks for replay.

One of my ESXi is at 6.0 with the same error.

After downgrade to VC 5.5 the Backups ran OK.

Colin_Weaver

Well the very latest update I now have is that a support engineer has reproduced the error. This was done using a mismatched 6.0 vCenter server managing 5.5 ESX hosts, and in his case his vCenter server was also his Backup Exec Server.

cheffe-sv
Level 3

Ich habe das geliche Problem am WE Upgedatet auf BE 2015 und vSphere6 danach keine VM Backups mehr über Virtualcenter. Auch einen Call eröffnet bei Symantec gestern vormittag bis jetzt noch keine Info....

Hoffe das kommt bald was...

andreasbauer
Level 3

Mein Fall ist seit 21.4 Offen. wird wohl etwas dauern.

Ich hab zwischenzeitlich wieder 5.5 installiert

After Donwgrade to VC 5.5 the Backup are made successfuly.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...did you try to upgrade both ESX hosts? I know you said you only upgraded one but got the same issue.

Thanks!