cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup error 200095BF after Upgrade Vcenter Server 6.0

andreasbauer
Level 3

Hallo!

Ich hab mein Backup Exec auf 15 Upgedated. Danach liefen die Backup Jobs einwandfrei.

Jetzt hab ich den Vcenter Server auf 6.0 Upgedatet. Die Hosts sind noch ESXi 5.5.

Leider erhalte ich jetzt beim Backup:

V-79-57344-38366 - VDDK-Warn: VixDiskLib: Failed to load vixDiskLibVim.dll : ErrorCode = 0x7e.

Für den virtuellen Computer '([NAME]' konnte kein stillgelegter Snapshot erstellt werden.
V-79-8192-38335 - Beim Sperren der virtuellen Maschine für den Backup-/Wiederherstellungsvorgang ist ein Fehler aufgetreten.

V-79-57344-34009 - Beim Schreiben des Katalogs auf dem Datenträger ist ein Fehler aufgetreten. Wenn es sich um ein inkrementelles Backup handelt, funktioniert die Katalogisierung der generierten Medien möglicherweise nicht richtig.

Agent for Windows([NAME]) führt Backup Exec, Version 14.2.1180.0, aus. 

Ich hab schon versucht Den Job neu anzulegen und hab die Authentifizierung getestet.

Es scheint als würde er den Snapshot bei Vmware nicht triggern können.

Hat vielleicht jemand eine Idee?

lg Andreas

54 REPLIES 54

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

At the moment Symantec remains working with VMware to identify/develop a possibly joint fix to the problem where media server is also the vCenter. Unfortunately customers with this problem will either have to go back to 5.5. vCenter (if the hosts are not already on 6.0) or move the vCenter to a different server or backup directly from the ESX host or use traditional agent backups until we announce a solution.

If you have the issue that is due to certain characters in the password then you will have to avoid those characters (so far the full stop/period "." and exclamation mark/bang "!" characters are known to have that issue but there may be others)

andreasbauer
Level 3

Hello!

Are there some News for us?

Did anyone know if there are the same Problems, when the Media Server and the vCenter are on a 2012r2 Machine?

Thanks Andy

franckd1
Not applicable
Partner Accredited

I had the same problem after an update to Vcenter 6.0.

I opened a case at support.

After some quick verifications they told me to wait for the patch, but they don't knwow when it will be available ...

Then my case is closed ... amazing ...

I'm really getting bored with Backup Exec :(

VJware
Level 6

@franckd1 - Pls PM me your case number. Thanks.

Corelias
Level 2

We have the same problem.

Host and VCenter were upgraded to V6. BE was upgraded to V2015.

BE and vCenter are on same Server (win 2008 R2) (like they were with VMWARE 5.5 and BE 2013). Not only backups via VCenter are not working, but also direct host backup (host is still managed by vCenter; have not tried to "detach" it from vCenter) is not working. Both tries show the same error.

Backup is now done as if the virtual servers were physical (using the agents).

Colin_Weaver

For information VMware have now released a KB related to this condition

http://kb.vmware.com/kb/2120818

Symantec are currently clarifying some points with VMware about this information before we decide exactly what changes we now make. I suspect at very least we will eventually update http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH230127 with information specific to Backup Exec.

WRusman
Level 2

Since my comment went missing, and I don't feel like typing the whole story again, here the simplified version ;)

After upgrading our seperate servers to vSphere 6 and Backup Exec 15 we ran into the same problem.

I fixed it by downloading the seperate vddk 6.0 and extracting the dll's from that zipfile. I replaced the dll's in the "Symantec\Backup Exec\RAWS\VMware\VixDiskLib\bin" directory on both the vcenter and the backup server with the dll's from the vddk zipfile and restarted the services.

After that backup of complete vm's is working again.

Frank_Osborne
Level 3

Did you copy all of the dll's from the vddk, or only specific ones. What directory are they in on the vddk file?

Frank_Osborne
Level 3

I compared all of the dll's in the vddk zip file with those in the bin folder on each server and they all have matching size and version numbers. The only difference I could see, was 5 of the files on the backup server have an older date modified.

WRusman
Level 2
Hello Frank, The versions, dates and sizes indeed are the same, however they seem to differ in functionality. I only replaced the two dll's mentioned in the kb article of vmware and symantec. You can always rename the old ones if you're not sure, no registration with regsrv32 is needed.

andreasbauer
Level 3

I was waiting for a solution for half an Year, now my Case was closed without any reason and solution.

Is it now possible to install Backup exec 2015 and vCenter on the same machine, with the change of the 2 dll's discribed in the Article http://kb.vmware.com/kb/2120818

Thanks Andy

VJware
Level 6

As per VMware, currently no. (Applies to BE using VDDK 6.0 and vCetner 6.0 versions only)

GrzegorzK
Level 2
Partner Accredited

VMware KB workaround is working fine. After copying 2 dll's to Backup Exec root installation folder everything is working as expected.

andreasbauer
Level 3

Do you have the Backup Server and the vCenter on the same machine?

Thanks Andy

andreasbauer
Level 3

I have tried it, and it works perfekt. I've kopied the 2 ddl's in the installation root of Backup Exec and restarted the services. Now I can Backup ESXi 5.5 an 6.0 from a vCenter 6.0 installed on the same machine.

Thanks Andy