cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup exec 12

Ronvil
Level 2

We use Backup exec 12 for windows server 2003 R2 and have not been able to back up for a couple weeks as I am unable to get into the system.  I keep getting a message "You have not connected to a media server"  when I enter the administrator password and cannot get any further.  Can anyone help, thank you.

5 REPLIES 5

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Check that the service for the BKUPEXEC instance and ask the BE services are started

lmosla
Level 6

along with pkh see this link for more detail on the Backup Exec services http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH195898

in addition, while you are checking the services you can right click on the services set with the Domain\Adminstrator account and reenter the password to verify it is the same as what it is in AD.

Ronvil
Level 2

Yes I tried restarting the services but no luck.

Ronvil
Level 2

Thanks for your reply, in going thru your suggestions it is quite possible that the password does not match, I did try changing the password but that did not work.  Our system administrator passed away suddenly last week and I do not know if the password I am using is the right one.  I did go to the Backup Exec services Manager screen and put in a new password, but that has not helped.  Can you say any other way I can change the password to get into the system.

lmosla
Level 6

do you get an error whan you try to restart the SQL Service (BKUPEXEC)?