cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup exec 14.1 vcenter backup job cannot find VM.

ksaint-vil
Level 3

Hello all,

I am running backup exec 14.1 on a 2008r2 server. it is taking backups of mainly vmware servers being moniotored on vcenter server 6 or 5.1. i noticed every so often that when editing the backup it tells me that most of the VM in the  backups cannot be found and if i want to remove them from the job. if i click no and continue to  click on edit and to observe what VM is having problems. when looking into the vcenter folders , backup exec finds them within the nested folders and adds them to the job after i click on ok to save the changes, all seems fine until about  24 hours later  the problem occurs again and i need to re-add the vm back into the specific backup job.

i couldnt fix this issue that i am having and was wondering if other people are having this issue when backing up VM  in vcenter server 5.1 or 6.0 and if there is a solution?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

If you're using Backup Exec 2014 then VMware 6.0 and vCenter Server 6.0 are not supported and you need to upgrade to BE 15 with Feature Pack 1. See the BE 2014 SCL below:

https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH217478.html

It could explain why VMs don't appear...the upgrade is free if you have maintenance and you would need new license keys.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV

If you're using Backup Exec 2014 then VMware 6.0 and vCenter Server 6.0 are not supported and you need to upgrade to BE 15 with Feature Pack 1. See the BE 2014 SCL below:

https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH217478.html

It could explain why VMs don't appear...the upgrade is free if you have maintenance and you would need new license keys.

Thanks!

ksaint-vil
Level 3

thank you we have a maintenance license. so we will upgrade thanks

CraigV

Sure thing...always refer to the SCL of the version you're running, or want to run. It's going to save you a lot of headaches.

Thanks!