cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup exec 2010 R2

Hansdev
Level 5

Hello,

since a while when we setup a new server ii get in the backup proces continue this error:

V-79-57344-65072 the connection to the target system has been lost. Backup set canceled

When i search the error here, i only get other results wich are no solution for me.

in the eventlog is see this:

- System

- Provider
      [ Name] Backup Exec

- EventID 34113
      [ Qualifiers] 8192

Level 2

Task 0

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated
      [ SystemTime] 2011-02-22T01:07:09.000000000Z

EventRecordID 7785

Channel Application

Computer xx.xx.local

Security

- EventData
      Backup Exec Alert: Job Failed (Server: "xxxx(Job: "xxxx -- The job failed with the following error: A communications failure has occurred.

when we try to ping from the backup server everything is okWhen we try to ping from the new server enverything is ok

We have rebooted the server and the new server but no result

We also have set the priority a bit lower, but also with no result.

does anybody have a solution?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...I've had that happen before. Luckily I only run 2 jobs per site I look after, so it isn't an issue for me to recreate them.

1. Recreate the notifications - delete the recipients and the mail server information, and then try again.

2. Right-click the job and check the alert...you're going to have to respond to it. Make sure that you have enough connections enabled to the B2D so that multiple jobs can run at the same time...

View solution in original post

30 REPLIES 30

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

For which backups you are getting the above error, local server or remote server backups.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

On your remote server, check that the BE remote agent service is running.  If it crashes, check the Windows eventslog to see what is the error.

You might want to set the remote agent service to recover automatically on the first failure.

Hansdev
Level 5

It is about a remote server wich is a vpc. The backup agent is running and i see no errors in the eventviewer.

i have set to restart after 1 failure.

any other options?

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Refer the following TN:  http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH127941

Regards.

Hansdev
Level 5

i have still the following problem:

V-79-57344-65072
The connection to target system has been lost. Backup set canceled.
V-79-57344-65072
V-79-57344-34108 unexpected error occurred when cleaning up snapshot volumes. Confirm that all snapped volumes are correctly resynchronized with the original volumes.
 AOFO: Initialization failure on: "*.*\D:". Advanced Open File Option used: No.

he network connection failed during the snapshot. Check the network, and then run the job again.

V-79-57344-65072
V-79-57344-65072The connection to target system has been lost. Backup set canceled.

The backup doenst runaun at all.

the strange thing of it, is that when i run the backup during daytime, i dont have a problem. When i schedule it for tonight then i get an error!

CraigV

...is the job scheduled correctly?

Any sort of maintenance jobs maybe running at night? Like an AV scan?

Hansdev
Level 5

the job scheduled is ok, when i push on day time on run now, there is no problem

the virusscaner is running about 2000 o clock, (quick scan) the backup starts at 22.00 then  the quickscan is already finished

Hansdev
Level 5

Hmm, this time also during daylight the backup wasnt succesfull and i get the same errors!

CraigV

Mmm...OK, 2 other things to try:

1. Uninstalling the RAWS agent and doing a push-install to the problem server.

2. Updating your media server with any available patches, and then push these out to the remote servers...

Thanks!

Hansdev
Level 5

okay i have done that, im gonna check it tomorrow, thanks for your help!

Hansdev
Level 5

does nobody has answer!?

Hansdev
Level 5

stil nobody ans answer

Drivers are up to date.

But problem does still exist?

Is there anybody from symantec? who can solve this problem?

CraigV

...hit the support flag for you, but have you also checked to make sure that the RAWS agent port is open on any firewall you may be running (physical hardware or on the servers in question?)?

Hansdev
Level 5

Hi,

yes it is, firewall is not a problem  this one is standinf off

hte only thing i can do is replace the scsi card in the server, but the original job B2D is failing also,

CraigV

...well, a SCSI card can explain issues you're having with a tape drive/library, but not a B2D, unless you have the library/autoloader connected to a RAID card along with your drives...then this MIGHT explain backup failures.

Hansdev
Level 5

The B2d failed first, then after that also the backup2 tape failes.

The backup unit is connected whit scsi.

Shall is try to replace the scsi carD?

CraigV

It's worth a shot, so go for it.

Also, what happens if you create a small B2D job? Does it still fail?

Hansdev
Level 5

ok, im gonna run now a small job, 1 server with ad,  im gonna reply if it goes ok,

after that im gonna replace the scsi card