Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup exec 2010 firewall

Alex_Zn
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi!

I need open ports for communication from media server to client, i see only next list of ports http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO22989#v21810966

So i have question:

Do i realy need ALL OF THIS ports to be opened on client AND server (i mean source and destination)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Your RWS agent, port 10000, is the most important. If you need to run your firewall, open this 1 and see that it allows comms between the server and remote server and that backups flow.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Your RWS agent, port 10000, is the most important. If you need to run your firewall, open this 1 and see that it allows comms between the server and remote server and that backups flow.

Thanks!

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

You need at least Port 10000 (for the NDMP Cntrol connection) and a range of ports (configurable but must be at least 20) for the NDMP Data Port.

For some applcatios syou will also need the publishing/advertising port (6101) in the opposite direction

Some of the other ports may only be needed to allow push install or share level backups,  are specific to CASO --> MMS/MBE server requirements or Client Side Deduplication etc so kind of depends on your backup environment.