cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup exec 2010R3 and jobs configuration [Full Weekly and monthly]

Xmemy
Level 3

Dear Everyone,

I have a tricky point about backup exec jobs configuration.

For the moment, I have those jobs : 

- SQL backup from SQL Management Studio 1 full every Saturday night and differentials other days.

- Sunday at 2:00 PM I copy full SQL files (bak files) on a tape.

- All other days at 3:00 PM copy deferentials SQL backup to tape. 

- Full monthly backup exec to tape. the entire infrastructure and the last full SQL backup

The problem is : I have to put the last full weekly SQL backup on the Monthly tape (via files or tapes). It's tricky because every week I have to clean the the FULL SQL directory for the new SQL backup. I cannot let all files because this will increase my backup time and it's not necessary.

I want to say to backup exec when it's busy with the full montly : locate the last tape used for the last SQL Backup and copy it to the Full monthly tape.

I want that to automaticaly move full SQL backup files to another location.

I hope that my explanation is fine.. It's very tricky because I cannot setup new SQL job.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards,

1 REPLY 1

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

It's tricky because every week I have to clean the the FULL SQL directory for the new SQL backup

Have you looked at Delete files after successful completion of backup job? 

I want to say to backup exec when it's busy with the full montly : locate the last tape used for the last SQL Backup and copy it to the Full monthly tape.

I think you have to look at configuring duplicate jobs, if you have enough tape drives (two). Configure a duplicate job to duplicate weekly full backup set to monthly media set.

I want that to automaticaly move full SQL backup files to another location.

No this is not possible.....