Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup exec 2012 backups failing with error code E0001211

Matthams
Level 2

Hi All

Over the last few weeks my backups have started failing with the below error;

Final error: 0xe0001211 - The volume that is used for the staging location must be a writable NTFS volume that is local to the Backup Exec Server.  Also, the volume must have the same sectore size as the volume from which the exhcange log files were backed up.  See the job log for details.  Final error category: Resource Errors.

I am running a single  SBS 2011 server with one volume and that volume has 75% free space. The failure rate of my jobs for the last two weeks is 50% and it seems to follow a pattern of every other job failing. 

Any suggestions would be greatly apprecaited. Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5

Sym-cr
Level 5
Please have a look at the below mentioned articles and see if it suits your environment. http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH186284 http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH209092 Thanks!!

Matthams
Level 2

Hi Sym-C@zy,

Sorry for my late response. I do not believe that any of the articles you have presented are applicable to my situation. They all talk about going from different disks and /or servers. Where as my setup is with only one server and one physical drive.

Any other ideas you have would be a great help!

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Which volume is set as the GRT staging location and on which volume is the Exchange data located ? Do these volumes have the same sector size ?

Would recommend to split the Exchange resource backup from the other resources (Such as C:\, System State) so that you have the Exchange backup job running without AOFO and the other backup job runs with AOFO enabled.

Also, browse to this path (HKLM\Software\Symantec\Backup Exec for Windows\Backup Exec\Engine\Exchange) and create a new string named OnHostTemp. Set the value of this string exactly same as that of the location which was specified in the GRT staging location under the BE settings.

Matthams
Level 2

I only have one volume so I think it safe to assume that the sector size is not an issue. I have split the job and created the reg entry. If the pattern continues tonights backup should fail, so I will report back tomorrow with an update.

Matthams
Level 2

It was looking very promising, the last 5 jobs ran without issue then last night the same error came back.