cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup exec 9.0 restore problem

michaelv_za
Level 2
Hi

I have a problem where a backup of a certain drive does not show in the restore selection. The backup job log shows it as successful but it does not appear in the restore selection. Any suggestions
5 REPLIES 5

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
> Hi
>
> I have a problem where a backup of a certain drive
> does not show in the restore selection. The backup
> job log shows it as successful but it does not appear
> in the restore selection. Any suggestions

Forgive what may sound like stupid questions -

What is the overwrite protection level?
What is the retention period of the media set being used? Is it possible that a following job overwrites the data?
If you do a special backup of that one drive, does that show up in the catalog?

michaelv_za
Level 2
The overite protection is set to infinite and overwrite if not appendble. And if I do a baackup of just the one drive it does show in the catalog.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Hm

I suppost the Catalog could be corrupt.

see http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/191281.htm

Zerene_Sangma
Level 6
Hello Michael,

Did you check in the media view or the resource view format of restore selections. Suggest that you check both ways.

Additionally, look out for any catalogs related error in the event log, let us know if there are any. There may be possible catalogs corruption.
Stop Backup Exec services.
Rename the present catalogs folder to Catalogs.old. Create a new folder and rename it as "Catalogs".
Move all the *.U01 files from the old catalogs directory to the new catalogs directory. Start BE services and check the results.

Abhinav_Bindroo
Level 6
Assuming the solution provided is correct. Also, there is no response from the customer within 2 days from the last reply by Veritas