cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup exec - netware remote agent

sshoaib
Level 2
Hi I have installed some backup exec 2010 hotfox last week - since then the netware server backup is failing - unknown error: "Error category : Other Errors
Error : cacc4ce5 - 0xcacc4ce5 (3402386661)". The files are being backing up properly I guess as there are no other error on the log.  Windows servers back up are just going fine. After the updates I did not restart the remote agents - is it a must thing to do after every backup?
Any idea?
thanks
Shoaib
5 REPLIES 5

pkh
   VIP    Certified
After applying the hotfix, did you push out the remote agent again?  If not, do push out the remote agent.

sshoaib
Level 2

How do I push out the remote agent? All I did is restarting the agents on netware server - ran a small test backup which was successful (bestop then bestart -!x) - I will run a full backup tonight. Do I need to get a new updated agent? As I know netware is nopt officially supported anymore.
thanks

pkh
   VIP    Certified
What version of Netware are you using?

You can push out the remote agent by going to Tools --->  Install Agents ......

sshoaib
Level 2
Tools - install agent - only shows the Windows Servers. Netware agent installation is a bit different one and did that manually in the first place.

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Sorry.  I didn't realised that you cannot push out Netware agents in BE 2010.  Up till BE 12.5, you still can.  On checking my installation, it would appear that the Netware agent is not modified by any of the recent hotfixes.

You should check that your version of Netware is supported by BE 2010.  The SCL is given below

ftp://exftpp.symantec.com/pub/support/products/Backup_Exec_for_WindowsNT/329254.pdf