cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup exex 11 i/o error

hammed
Not applicable
Hello I have a issue that is driving me mad. We have backup exec 11, with service pack 2, and with hot fix 29 and 33 installed. The server is windows storage server 2003, with service pack 2. The device we have is a quantum px502 with a scsi card 293290 ALP. with two HP LTO 3 drives. The issue we keep on getting is The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error. This is when we backup to tape, we have two jobs running a exchange and data. When it goes throught the verify process it will fail. Or it will fail at about 30% of the backup. I have seen in the event view we get:

The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Scsi\adpu3201. event it 11

We get in application : 33152

Adamm Mover Error: Read Retry!

Error = ERROR_IO_DEVICE

Drive = "HP 1"

{0636087C-2DE8-462F-BBC8-BAE68FD6C5C0}

Media = "000016L3"

{09C661C4-9B96-4665-9676-6D7B5D022F99}

Read Mode: SingleBlock(0), ScsiPass(0)

Write Mode: SingleBlock(1), ScsiPass(1)

Has any one come accross this. The cables have been tested a new terminator has been put on and the driver has been updated. Please help!!!!!!!!!
1 REPLY 1

Diddydog
Level 1

Did you find a resolution for this?  We are having the exact same issues but haven't found a resolution.  Replaced terminator, replaced cable, replaced scsi card.  Tried different scsi ID's on tape library. Tried new tape library.

we get the error on boot up.  if we disconnect the tape library error goes away.  Backups ususally fails on verifys...